Notices

looked up on energy drinks

Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

looked up on energy drinks

And I can tell you I've just give my bottle of boost away - gonna stick to water, juice, and diet coke.

I started drinking energy drinks late last year and I had em every so often then recently started drinking more - which now I've read about what they can do and heart failure, anxiety etc I change my mind about them

I don't want to die an early age coz I drank energy drinks.

Thank you, to whoever who told me on my other topic 'woke up with anxiety' - that energy drinks can kill you, very much appreciated.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Thanks for doing the research!

Lots of things that are labelled "healthy" or "natural" or "legal" really aren't. They are just not yet labelled "unhealthy" "unnatural" or "illegal"

it's all about $$$ and marketing

Stay strong, we all understand how rough it is in the beginning and how it all gets different!

Love, hugs, & peace,
Old 03-06-2012, 10:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

That's awesome, dawnie! I drank a lot of energy drinks too when I quit drinking, maybe trying to chase a 'buzz' that I was missing. I started to phase them out and drink herbal teas and low calorie pop instead.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Here in the states we have many, many different kinds of energy drinks. They seem to be popular with young adults. I think our body heals from booze faster, without, all the added sugar.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

Here in the states someone just died from drinking energy drinks. Her heart gave out. Popular or not, they aren't good for the body.

just search: death from energy drink
Old 03-06-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
Thanks for doing the research!

Lots of things that are labelled "healthy" or "natural" or "legal" really aren't. They are just not yet labelled "unhealthy" "unnatural" or "illegal"

it's all about $$$ and marketing

Stay strong, we all understand how rough it is in the beginning and how it all gets different!

Love, hugs, & peace,
If I knew it sooner I wouldn't of bothered drinking them but I've always liked lucozade (can't remember when I last had one of them) but aren't they sup to be good for you?!
Old 03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by midgetcop View Post
That's awesome, dawnie! I drank a lot of energy drinks too when I quit drinking, maybe trying to chase a 'buzz' that I was missing. I started to phase them out and drink herbal teas and low calorie pop instead.
I don't really drink energy drinks for the buzz - I think it might be the taste and bit of a boost to keep me awake when I'm going out somewhere :s - I never tried herbal teas I don't even know what they are
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by Justfor1 View Post
Here in the states we have many, many different kinds of energy drinks. They seem to be popular with young adults. I think our body heals from booze faster, without, all the added sugar.
They have loads of different ones in the uk too, when I first saw a can of energy drink think it might of been the monster one - I thought it was a can of beer haha I went aren't that got a funny name for a beer and someone turned around to me and went that's an energy drink lol.

I've been drinking cold diluted juice and 1 coffee and 1 water since I got home about 4pm I even had boiled potatos and carrots and swede for my tea and then all that came up
Old 03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

After I got sober one of my treats to myself was 16 oz cans of diet rockstar. I would drink 2 per day & 3 on the days I worked 10-12 hour shifts. I got a kidney stone & after researching it out, I know the energy drinks are what caused it. Passing that thing was pure hell. Never again will I drink one of those chemical-laden drinks
Old 03-06-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Wish I could search it but my phones gonna go dead I'm laying on couch - and I'm gonna see if I have an anxiety attack tonight if I don't then it was definately down to the boost energy drink
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
I don't really drink energy drinks for the buzz - I think it might be the taste and bit of a boost to keep me awake when I'm going out somewhere :s - I never tried herbal teas I don't even know what they are
It's just fancy flavoured tea....usually they are caffeine free. I'm brewing up a cup right now, my absolute favourite - Three Lemon Green Rooibos - I'm gonna add a bit of extra lemon and bit of honey. Yum!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

I have not heard of lucozade. I drink 100% fruit juice (orange, apple, grape), water, coffee, and milk, sometimes I'll have some gingerale soda.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Energy drinks are unbelievably bad for your heart. There's a reason why kids have died from drinking them too much.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:06 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by midgetcop View Post
It's just fancy flavoured tea....usually they are caffeine free. I'm brewing up a cup right now, my absolute favourite - Three Lemon Green Rooibos - I'm gonna add a bit of extra lemon and bit of honey. Yum!
Lol don't like lemon and allergic to honey but its so sweet for me anyhow lol - ill have to get some tomorrow when I go shopping
Old 03-07-2012, 12:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 View Post
I have not heard of lucozade. I drink 100% fruit juice (orange, apple, grape), water, coffee, and milk, sometimes I'll have some gingerale soda.
Its part of the energy drink family but its the healthy one and its orange flavour and its orange flavoured - I've had a wake up coffee with slice of toast this morning because I am in a meeting at 9am ready for conference next week so I wanna feel refreshed
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

Originally Posted by eh1988 View Post
Energy drinks are unbelievably bad for your heart. There's a reason why kids have died from drinking them too much.
I didn't know that till yesterday
Old 03-07-2012, 12:15 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Baby Girl D

I can tell you it was the energy drink that made me have an anxiety attack the other night because last night I was fine
Old 03-07-2012, 12:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnie24 View Post
I can tell you it was the energy drink that made me have an anxiety attack the other night because last night I was fine
I remember back in highschool when the energy drink fad was hitting it's stride, my brother and I went to a party. He decided to mix an energy drink with the beers he was drinking, I had to take him to the hospital because he was having a really bad panic attack but said his heart felt like it was going to explode. It was kind of funny back then but now I see how dangerous that stuff is. And low and behold they come out with these energy/alcohol drinks that are killing college students all around the US. Good thing you learned more about them sooner rather than later