Notices

Awesome Morning!

Old 02-25-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Cool Awesome Morning!

This morning was the first morning in a long time where I have had a full week of abstinence from drinking and smoking (I am quitting both simultaneously because I only ever smoke if I am drunk) where I got to sleep in.

Sleeping in sober = 8AM to 9AM; Sleeping in drunk=1pm (with a bad headache and often a mess to clean up and often still tired).

This morning I feel healthier than I have felt in a long long time. I slept like a rock then woke up with a 'morning wood' (lol) that I had not woken up with in a long time...I checked my blood pressure and it was 125 over 75 (as opposed to 153 over 80 when hungover) and my heart was going very very slow at about 55 beats for minute (as opposed to 80-some when hung over). I am 28 and because of not getting drunk and smoking last night, this morning I feel as healthy as a teenager.

Teetotalism rulz!!!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Morning wood lol.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
lol...morning wood...nothing like a physical/visual reminder that you are indeed alive and well Our bodies work as they should when we treat them well.
I could not agree more...not drinking is extremely cool.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
So it goes

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
lol...morning wood...nothing like a physical/visual reminder that you are indeed alive and well Our bodies work as they should when we treat them well.
Not drinking is a virtuous circle, drinking is a vicious one.
I know which circle I like
Old 02-25-2012, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Me too Billy...I believe in circles, or as I like to call them, spirals. The momentum of the positive upward spiral is powerful, just as is it's opposite. The acknowledgment of small, yet powerful, moments like Colton posted about can be the beginnings of staying up and not down. His glass appears to me to be half-full....and not with booze
Old 02-25-2012, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good news, Colton. Now keep up the good work and see those rewards pile up.