Notices

what have i done

Old 02-21-2012, 03:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what have i done

i been sober on my own for about a year but this morning around 3:3o i went to pantry saw moms bottle of wine couldnt help myself drank 4 glasses there were about 6 watered it so no one would notice stole 20$ from her and now am planning to go to mall so can get to bar half of me wants to put the money back but i just cant i fear ive opend pandoras box i just need someone to talk too
Old 02-21-2012, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting Healthy

Stop! You have a year behind you!!!! Stay strong!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jattor, it's a common thought process that once you blew it by drinking why not just go all the way. What sense does it make to turn 4 glasses of wine into a binge though? Remember that the cravings are just thoughts and you don't have to act on them.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Put the money back...That's just going to drive you nuts and drive you to drink. You screwed up...We all do. We're alkies. You know you can't drink so don't. It's pretty remarkable that you put a year together on your own..Imagine what you can do with some kind of recovery program with support. Might be something to look into.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know well enough going to the bar with stolen money is a bad idea, as you knew it was a bad idea when you drank.

What does it tell you that you're doing things to get alcohol inside you that you know are crazy and don't want to do? If you decided to never again drink mango/juniper berry juice do you think it's even possible it would go remotely like this?

Good time to review your power of choice and the value of your firm and ironclad decisions regarding alcohol. You might understand something now you didn't yesterday.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

Hi Jattor,

That is tough news to hear about your having a few gulps of wine. The right thing to do of course is stop right now and return the $20. There is no reasoning with alcohol in our system though of course, and I have empathy for your situation.

You're reaching out so that is very showing how you feel about your addiction to alcohol: you want to stop drinking. A year of not drinking must have been a wonderful experience at times too during that year I imagine.

Since you have reached out, you could continue and share your experiences during that sober year and how did you find yourself gulping that wine. I do understand how an alcoholic can just reach out and take a drink, I've done it myself, and not really known why, at the time. Having said that, I now know that alcoholism can be stopped or arrested, and the taking of that drink can be stopped therefore, and stopped for good and all.

I hope you can remember the good times you had with that year of not drinking. Is there anybody there you can call on f2f and work thru things today?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stop right away. Early prevention is way better than than being late to avoid it.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hopfully it's not too late but if you feel guilty now, think how you'll feel by not putting the money back. Don't let a slip turn into a relapse. Be strong friend.