Notices

tolerance AA

Old 01-28-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

tolerance AA

just wanted to say thanks for the responses. Im only in my 2nd day sober so I can be sensitive and overreact(big suprise). I need to be humble and appreciative.

thanks to dee and morning glory for spelling out the rules again, which I didnt get to read.

JBhere
Old 01-28-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Encourager In Training

JB - Glad you're here. Just remember there's a ton of collective wisdom at SR and everyone wants to see/help you succeed.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All recovery methods are just a bunch of ideas put together by human beings. Humans are formed of frailty, error and folly, there are no perfect people and there are no perfect programs. Take what works for you and leave the rest.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's important for each of us to find a recovery method that works for us and that we feel comfortable with.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm like an Agostic Buddhist ex=hippy but anything that keeps one sober is good in my book, I've had to let my dis-eased ego go. If it works its good. You take care
Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

JBhere, something to consider is that sometime suspension of disbelief is necessary to let new ideas in. For example I always thought meditation and all that type of thing was a bunch of new age nonsense. Once I tried it though I found out I was 100% wrong and ideas taken from mindfulness meditation became the foundation of my recovery. Just try to keep an open mind in moving forward.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi JB

I've only been on SR a few weeks and have found a great deal of support and help on here. People are really supportive . People here will help you if you let them. good luck.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
instant

JBhere when I first came I was desperate. Least mentioned the daily practice of gratitude was valuable. I started doing it (see the gratitude threads) without any expectations it would help, only to discover that with continued daily practice it has the power to recalibrate my outlook to a much healthier setting. I din't believe it but it worked.

The point is sometimes we have to get out of our own way, in dealing with this addiction.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

JBHere, I sincerely wish for a happy, contented and sober life ahead for you.