Notices

Drunk right now

Old 01-03-2012, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk right now

this is my third time drunk in the last two days. i guess you could say i have relapsed. The bottle is empty and i will wait to sober up a bit before i go run in the park.
i had so much hit me mentally the last few days i finallybroke down.
Yes, even drunk i know i have done the wrong thing...... one drink leads to another and yes will land me back where i was before.
Don't feel sorry for me. Only i can pull myself back together.
I hurt terribly right now though. and unfortunately i felt like wine was going to comfort me.

just from drinking these three times my head is cloudy.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't think anyone here is going to feel sorry for you. Most of us have been where you are and most of us have been able to pull ourselves back out of that dark hole. You can do it, too. Quitting drinking is easy. Staying quit isn't easy, but it is very doable. Do you have support through a program? It can be most helpful when we feel weak. Of course, you can always come here and talk to people who understand, but face-to-face support can be invaluable.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Sorry to hear that.

And just so you know, your sobriety doesn't have to be contingent upon whether a bunch of stuff hits you mentally or not. If that were the case with me, I'd have been out drinking years ago.....and probably still at it today (assuming I was still alive or not locked up somewhere).
Old 01-03-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. You can't change what you have done but you can change the future and know that reaching for the bottle takes you back to this place. If it stops you doing it again, then it is an overwhelmingly positive thing!!

Maybe leave the jogging till tomorrow and go have some food, a nice bath, put on some calming music. You will get through this.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that happened.

Please try to get back on your recovery program and move on.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Daisey, I've certainly been in your shoes. Okay, you drank, we do that. We're alcoholics. BUT we can end the cycle. Sometimes, actually MOST times, at least for me, when I tried to stop, I failed. I needed support. There are a number of ways you can get that. AA, Smart Recovery, Counseling, SR, ANYTHING that helps you not pick up that first drink.

I know I was stuck in what was familiar to me and that was drinking. I came to the point where I would do ANYTHING not to drink again. It was destroying my life. I'm sure you feel the same way. Beating up on yourself does NO good. Being proactive in your recovery does.

Best Wishes To You!
Old 01-03-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No Problem, just get in the back of the wagon with the rest of us and hold on to each other so we don't fall out again.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not feeling sorry for you - I feel empathy tho, being there many times myself.

So...whats your plan for stopping Daisy?

D
Old 01-03-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well.... i'm sober now... realized i was 'drunk 3 times over 4 days instead of 3times over 2days"
... lol...
that's when you realize how "wet" alcohol makes your brain... days run together.

exercised 80minutes. drinking water,ate clean, took vitamins,keeping busy,

but most of all.........

I WILL FORGIVE MYSELF FOR THIS RELAPSE.

i realize being drunk didn't change anything. the problems i had before i got drunk still exist.

Thank you to all of you for being there for me........ and No, i don't have any support system for a variety of reasons.

thank you for your online support.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're back with us Daisy

D
Old 01-03-2012, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Daisy,
I do admit that for me the weak link in remaining sober is a few weeks/months of sobriety when my body and mind is healed, it is then that i feel invincible, that theres no longer anything wrong with me, that i am in control. It is during that time that i have relapsed from being over confident. This time around my decision to quit is final (as it was the last time) but my focus this time around will be not to fall for the same old trap. To do so i will make a complete change to my life, activities, new diet, new friends, maybe a take a class, a new job, new hobbies and will be careful not to allow my life to become routine. On the contrary i will embrace new challenges and goals, keep busy and happy with my new found life, all while i rewire my brain with better things. The key is not to let up and to keep pushing forward, this site and other programs can keep you motivated to achieve that goal. Well i thought id share a bit of my story with you but keep in mind that what might work for me might not work for you.
In any case i wish you the best of luck in a successful recovery, one that will last and make your life so much better. Drinking has been a waste of our short and precious lives and its not too late to turn things around for best.
We are here for you,
Boing boing
Old 01-03-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

I understand where you are and I've been there too many times myself.

I'm going through hell at the moment and I would be lying if alcohol doesnt cross my mind every hour of the day.

All I can do and suggest is staying busy with what interests you and hold off on those drinks until tomorrow. Don't be suprised if the urge is lifted and you have better clarity with your challenges.Your here and that's great
Old 01-03-2012, 07:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you are back in the saddle