Notices

Who had a good weekend?

Old 12-12-2011, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Who had a good weekend?

I did, I attended a Holiday party with no trouble at all. In fact, it was fun to observe the people getting tipsy. I was also secretly hoping to get pulled over on the way home just so I could blow 0.00.. The the next day I woke up feeling great and took my daughter skiing..

Let's hear about your weekend ??
Old 12-12-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i had a good weekend until i saw how much my wife spent shopping this weekend! haha
i might have to sell a car to recoup that loss.

seriously, i had a nice weekend. had dinner with the inlaws saturday and took my wife and daughter to see the nutcracker in the evening. then on sunday it was brunch with santa hosted at a nearby restaurant and football until it was time to go to bed.

i did have a drunk dream last night but it was no biggie. glad you're doing well!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Had a sad Friday but a good weekend. I read The Hunger Games to check my sons book report and ended up loving the book. Had a good party for my 6 year old and didn't obsess about drinking that much. I'm 40 days in and feeling pretty good.

Nice thread. Thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My weekend was OK. Had a couple of friends over at my house saturday night. Otherwise didn't do much. Weekends are the hardest part of the week for me, as I have eliminated my traditional social outlets (the bars) and a lot of the people that go with them. On top of that the weather sucks. Not much to do outside.
Was actually looking forward to work today. During the week I feel pretty good, and get more done.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Craze. Yeah I agree I'm liking weekdays more these days. Lol who would have thought it huh??
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

On Friday night I had the most crystal clear full sensory dream that I drank a beer. I even got a buzz then worked through guilt about blowing forty odd days of sobriety and made a plan to start again...I was so relieved to find that it had all been a dream. I had a couple of those as a recovering cig smoker but this is the first time for alcohol.

On Saturday I saw my 7 yr old son's basketball game with coffee in my coffee cup. It was great! I know what you mean about weekends...it's when the normal people drink and the recovering alcoholics don't!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I had a great weekend. Cleaned the house, ran errands, had dinner with family friends and my Godson, delivered a painting, sold some paintings, started a new series (maybe), saw Handels Messiah...and a couple of other things.

Good thread...thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Had an Amazing weekend, thanks for asking.

Went to two holiday parties and had a great time not drinking and seeing friends and family. Two of my Aunts even commented to me that they were proud of what I have accomplished and that they are thankful for the example I have set for my cousins. Felt pretty darn good if I do not say so myself.

Thanks again Fatty for the thread..
Old 12-12-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

One of the best weekends in a while. Watched the kid's sporting events on Saturday and went on a 10-mile run Saturday evening. Put up Christmas lights on Sunday and had a date with my wife on Sunday night.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you, McF. Cool thread and great responses—thanks for that.

On Saturday I decorated the Xmas tree without a drink. First time I've done that in many years (my Day 1 came about a week after I put up last year's tree). It was great. Once again, it's made clear to me that I never needed alcohol to enjoy things. That was just a lie I believed way too long.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wes1 View Post
One of the best weekends in a while. Watched the kid's sporting events on Saturday and went on a 10-mile run Saturday evening. Put up Christmas lights on Sunday and had a date with my wife on Sunday night.
10 miles! Awesome. Last summer I completed the couch to 5k program, and actually ran 3.5 without stopping! (Along with two sprint triathlons).. Now I'm back to square one, but you have inspired me to get back on the running horse so to speak.. Baby steps right ??
Old 12-13-2011, 03:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

All my sober weekends are good--I'm sober. A real bonus is I actually remember them. If I hadn't aged during blackouts I'd be a young man now.