Notices

What I did today instead of drinking ...

Old 11-29-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
watching lifes too short now. Watched it before and cant remember anything. Walked the dogs and switched off my ipod to listen to the wind in the trees. I love that sound!
How did you manage to watch it before?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Had a bath and brushed my teeth instead of passing out fully dressed.
It's awesome, eh?! It's funny-"normal" people would never even think about something like this..

Matt
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by Elbow View Post
How did you manage to watch it before?
I watched the first episode in my last week of drinking. I have Sky plus and have it series linked, so it records all the episodes and keeps them till I delete them. How I ever managed to watch tv before, I don't know!!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by awesomeame View Post
It's awesome, eh?! It's funny-"normal" people would never even think about something like this..

Matt
I know. Neither did I once a long time ago!!
Old 11-30-2011, 11:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Learnt the seven times tables with my eight year old. Then had a mad cleaning session and did some Christmas shopping online with my drinking money!
Just glorying in the wonderfulness of everyday life!
Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Days are longer without drink, in a good way. Suddenly I have a load of extra time because I'm not drunk.
Put Christmas lights up with my youngest. Actually planning the weekend around her instead of me and my drinking. I would usually never plan to be out later than 5pm, as this would cut into my precious drinking time. Life does indeed carry on once the sun goes down.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I put up Christmas lights with my youngest today too, it was great to be able to untangle the lights without my hands shaking from withdrawals like I was last year.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:47 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

The serenity prayer is essential while untangling fairy lights!!
Old 12-04-2011, 01:14 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

lol.

D
Old 12-04-2011, 07:02 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

Cleaned the kitchen and scrubbed the stove within an inch of its life. Took the dogs for a walk. Did some yard work I've been putting off for like, forever. Did some shopping. Cooked dinner. Gathered the recycling. Watched the Phantom Edit.

I was tempted about 2-3 times throughout the course of the day, but kept myself clean. Weekends are always the hardest when I quit. Today will make it seven days.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Day 7 for me as well. Today was unique because I went to eat 8am breakfast at a local greasy spoon place with 3 of my college friends who were wayyyy hungover. It's not that I get a kick out of people suffering, but I just felt very proud/glad for myself for not drinking and not feeling like them today. Usually I would still be in bed now.

I plan to clean up the yard, put away the patio furniture for the winter, and drag myself to the mall (hate malls, hate teenagers) for a few hours to finish up Christmas shopping. My family/friends will be happy because I didn't go shopping 1 day before christmas and end up getting them all Target gift certificates lol. They're actually getting thought-out gifts this year!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Isn't it nice to be thinking about the people in our lives instead of being obsessed with drinking.
I helped my oldest daughter draw up a study timetable for her mock exams. She was feeling so over whelmed. It is so good to do things like this. At the same time, it shames me that I havn't been there for them before.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:34 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Angry with my son, who has just got a bad progress report from school. Really strong desire to drink, but it was just the addict voice seeing an opportunity for itself. Raising children is like herding cats. They never go forward in a straight line!
Old 12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Nice new muppet, Dee!!
Went out for the works Christmas do. I enjoyed it so much more because I had no drinking to control. Usually I hate going out because I can't drink properly round other people. I tend to drink till I lose the ability to speak and move, which never looks good in front of the boss.
And I can wake up tomorrow without that awful dread, wondering if I did anything stupid or inappropriate the night before.
My addict voice did some serious pleading beforehand, but it was ok. I don't have to do what it wants.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Got woken up at midnight by my two oldest having an argument about a bike! I got to miss all this when I passed out. Alcohol had some uses, then!
Actually, it felt good to go downstairs, sort it out and send the warring parties to bed. It is so good to be able to be a proper parent again.