Notices

Update

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

I haven't posted in here for a couple of months now....

so every thing has been going 100% better,

I am still drinking technically, 5 beers a week,( 1 mid week then 4 on a Friday evening)

I have had almost zero cravings and have stopped sneaking booze.

I have been on a new psych medicine so I don't know how that affects things but the old ways are gone.

But I just know I have to keep a check on my drinking because of my history I can never let it get out of hand again.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't recommend trying to moderate if you are an alcoholic, so please nobody get any ideas.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
former walking pharmacy

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better hendrixstrat. I do hope you're careful and vigilant with your 'controlled' drinking; I think we all know how that often turns out. Not saying it can't be done...I know people who have gone from problem drinking to moderation, but not many.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please have an honest talk with your doctor....many med's and alcohol are not a good mix....in fact....it can be dangerous.

I appreciate you did not mention what you are prescribed. Why?
we are not allowed to give advice on med's but a professional assessment is simply the best way to find out

Good to know you are feeling better...
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had a LFT done when i was 26 and it was really bad so I decided to only drink light beers and try to keep it to a minimum until the liver results got better. It took around a year to get the result I wanted. It was controlled and moderated drinking and try'd to keep this up for the next couple of years everyday recording what I had drunk. After a few years of trying to moderate I gave up that idea and went back to the same drinking pattern. As for medication it didn't work to it's full potential until I abstained completely. Good luck and I hope you can moderate for the rest of your life I found I couldn't do that and found that I didn't need alcohol to be me anyway.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am glad you are better. Let us know how it goes when time goes on. As for me moderation did not seem to work, but that does not mean it will not work for others.