Notices

Got my 2nd DUI on Friday.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
High on Life

Reading this brings back so many horrible memories. When I got my second DUI, I thought life was over, and everything seemed pretty dismal. I took people's suggestions and focused on my sobriety, because what is going to happen is going to happen, but all you can do is take care of yourself and get yourself in shape so this won't happen again.

It sucks, it's hell, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy, but the sad part is, we did this to ourselves. That's what hurts the most. Concentrate on your recovery and remember this is only temporary.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Masz27 View Post
I just got a second DUI in Santa Cruz CA. I am going through similar hell right now and may lose my job as a freelance writer because of it. I also have no idea how I am going to pay for both the DUI school, fines, student loans, and my other probation I am on simultaneously. They may even violate me in another county so I have no idea if it is worth getting a lawyer here for this since I am on probation for something else in a diff county. Anyway, I have no idea how I am going to make the time or find transportation for DUI classes and community service plus possible work detail instead of jail they will give me. All these things are in my head right now. I also could never find a gir,friend or get any female attention anywhere so I kept going to bars and clubs hoping to find it. I did it out of loniness and because of how frustrating my situation is as a journalism grad with no work available and having o compete with all these laid off journalists with decades of experience. All the job postings on ProBlogger.net and Craigslist are either scams or for peanut pay.

You are on a RECOVERY forum here. Take any legal, romantic, financial, job advice with a big grain of salt.... but please take to heart what people have to say about staying sober.

If you're on your second drunk driving you may want to take a look at your drinking. From my experience if you have a drinking problem you must address that first and foremost to have a chance at sorting out other problems, and conversely if you try to make stopping drinking conditional on sorting out everything else first you have the cart way ahead of the horse.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This thread is old!

Mas, I know you are scared, I have been where you are. But you are going to have to make time for a lot of stuff. If you can't afford a lawyer you should look up the penalties in your state. There is a long list of things you need to do asap. In my state it is:

Go to Aa everyday. Make a form in word/excel with name, date, location, meeting type. And signature

Go to Dui school
get an alcohol/drug evualtion - must be licensed andaccepted by the state
If they don't tell you to see a professiona, do it anyway. Be honest and tell them you're analcohoic.

Start community service at a nonprofit.

And most important, don't drink. It truly goes downhill fast if you keep drinking.

When you talk to the prosecutor or judge, tell them you are an alcoholic in recovery and show them all your paperwork.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome to SR, Masz27!

Are you ready to stay stopped?