Notices

Step 4

Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Bri

Step 4

Hello,
It's been a while since I've posted here so I am just checking in with a question. I am working on about a month of soberiety, have gone to 5 AA meetings and done some reading from the big book. My question, is what exactly does Step 4 (Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves) mean? Like is that making a list of all your faults? Or of all you've done wrong? Times you've been selfish? etc?
Old 08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

These are questions you should ask a sponsor, a sponsor is like a guide who can help you understand and work the steps. You should get one as soon as you can, you can ask at your next AA meeting if there is someone who would be your temporary sponsor (which could evolve into your regular sponsor).
Old 08-26-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Probably the most misunderstood of all them... And it shouldn't be, but I know I made it harder than I had to. Do it exactly as they describe in the big book. A sponsor can really help you.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~sb

Hit a lot more meetings. Enjoy a variety. Keep reading the entire book, then keep reading the first 164 pages. Don't skip the appendices!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The specific and precise directions are laid out between pages 64 and the end of the 5th Chapter. It consists of three inventories, resentments, fear, and sex.

Doing a 4th Step without a solid Steps 1-3 is pointless. Doing them without a sponsor is foolhardy.