Notices

Almost 9 months...

Old 07-26-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Almost 9 months...

Feels like things may have turned the corner for me and for us. The other night, DH asked how long it's been since I've had a drink. I told him I was 10 days shy of 9 months, and he told me how proud he was of me. Sometimes it seems like he really doesn't want to talk about it but this night was not the case.

We had been talking about Amy Winehouse and the fact that her sad ending hit rather close to home. As a musician, I've always been hyper aware of how I come across on stage- - and as a result, I never train wrecked onstage. Now, AFTER the gig was a different story... culminating in a partial blackout (this had never happened to me), getting lost in my own hotel, and my husband holding my hair out of the toilet water. He and I both agreed that that night was the Waterloo, although we talked about many other incidents. I told him how I hid bottles at the house- something I've never talked with him about previously... and about how on the ride home from the gig every night I'd try to act and talk as straight as I could. He confirmed what we all know- I wasn't fooling anyone.

And the best thing... my father got to meet my sponsor!!! Since Dad does not know about my alcoholism, of course they just met as friends. My sponsor was touring through Dad's area, and I found out last minute. They would literally be playing 10 minutes from his house. To my surprise, he showed up! That totally made my month. Later, I told my father that Sponsor was a very close friend, and that I wouldn't be offering any details but that he had saved my life. I feel so warm and fuzzy from the fact that they connected.

Other than that stuff, I've been busy cleaning and organizing... took 3 boxes full of stuff to goodwill this afternoon, and I'm continuing to get my life in order. I now have:

A driver's license for the state I actually live in with the correct address on it
Home insurance, health insurance, and car insurance
An actual physical social security card (haven't seen the original in 20 years)
Organization in every room of our home (excluding DH's disaster area- I mean office
A grip on our debts and am maintaining my check registers to keep control of our bank accounts
A stronger relationship with my husband

I know most of those are things "normal" people take for granted... but some of us (me) have to learn the hard way. I'm learning...

Happy Wednesday,
s
Old 07-26-2011, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats!! I can not wait to get all my affairs back in order like you have...It is crazy the things we over look or just "dont feel like dealing with" when we are drinking...I know for me its been doing the mandatory stuff (grocery store,paying bills,school functions *most of which Ive been hung over through* just so I could hurry and call it a day and start my drinking..Your post is encouraging
Old 07-27-2011, 12:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations Sunrise!

D
Old 07-27-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How wonderful...CONGRATS!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:02 AM