Notices

Family....

Old 06-25-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family....

Hi everyone...
Wow time flys 17 months now!! I've done alot of reflecting on my life...and one thing that really hit home was my brother....he's an alcoholic...has a family works at a great job has it "all together" on the outside...he made a comment to me about not approving of my charge....dui...this is coming from a guy who drinks all the time and drives....he has really pee'd me off....I have been thinking about my breakdown after my dad passed away when I ended up in the hospital from overdosing on sleeping pills and wine...where was he? and where was he to help me? no where....it's so sad....that comment just stirred alot up in me like what right does he have to approve or disapprove of my life???? when he's not involved in it at all.....I'm not blaming him for my troubles...but some support from him would have helped....it seems I haven't had alot of that in my life..and I suppose that's why I shy away from group help.....anyway..thats my thoughts today...thanks for reading..and letting me rant abit... Happy sober day to all!!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry to know of this situation....however hold up your head and continue to move forward

For my support circle.....I do stay involved with my fellow AA friend members..they understand
It's really a vital part of my sccessful recovery....
Old 06-25-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is another current thread about familial support (or the lack thereof).

In my situation, I needed to keep my circumstances confidential so only a couple of immediate family members know of my alcoholism. That means really no support for me except the great people here and at AA meetings. Like Carol said that should be enough.

Dave