Notices

Ted Williams last night on BIO, who watched?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Ted Williams last night on BIO, who watched?

I love to watch shows like this(Intervention and Relapse). It was encouraging because it showed how alcohol and then drugs spiraled his life out of control. Then showed how he is trying to turn it around...Have to admire someone like this
Old 05-27-2011, 08:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I seldome watch the shows you mentioned about addiction and recovery.

Instead....I get my redemption messages in each AA meeting I attend and see them often on our Forums....

Yes...you too can win over alcohol...
Old 05-27-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You caught my eye with this thread, until I realized you were talking about ted Williams "homeless guy", not Ted Williams "baseball legend".

I agree neat story, but I think it is more a media thing.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I watched it. I am totally rooting for him, and like you, I like to see stories about others like me on Intervention.

And like Carol, I love going to an AA meeting and hearing someone talk who has many years sober. You know that means there's hope for an alcoholic like me!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Intervention

Originally Posted by THEways2LUVaMAN View Post
Who is Ted Williams?

As far as the shows Intervention and Relapse, I think they are fake/a joke.....scripted.
Intervention is crap, it doesn't help the masses, and only occasionally does it help the individual on the show.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by daviddocum View Post
Intervention is crap, it doesn't help the masses, and only occasionally does it help the individual on the show.
It definitely helps me, and for that I'm grateful. I need to be reminded regularly of how my life could have ended up if I'd continued drinking.

GG
Old 05-27-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmm...
obviously some members are saying they enjoy the shows...so let's not be so negetive please.
Thanks!

Posts that violate this SR Rule will be removed without notice...
4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.

Last edited by CarolD; 05-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Intervention is not cr@p. I watched it or dvr'd it to watch when I had time. I always got a good message out of that show. It isn't staged..two or three of the people on it didn't quit drinking in time and died.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Back to the original topic, Ted Williams.

He was "famous" for about 3 days earlier this year, and then his life got turned upside down. I wondered what happened to him.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ted Williams is the golden voice homeless guy. Just google it and you'll get the whole story. I am pulling for him too.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I thought you meant the baseball player....
Old 05-29-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I love seeing recovery stories in general. I didn't see the Ted Williams show, but I include him in that. I love seeing celebrities on talk show or in interviews talking about the merits of sobriety. I'm thinking of John Goodman, who was on the Tonight Show last year talking about his sobriety, or Robin Williams, or Stephen King, or Ben Affleck, or any of the huge number of big names out there who are sober and willing to talk about why it works for them. To me, it's visibility. There are enough so-called rolemodels out there making getting hammered look glamorous. I love anything that shows it for what it really is.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Post RE:Ted Williams last night on BIO, who watched?

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
I seldome watch the shows you mentioned about addiction and recovery.

Instead....I get my redemption messages in each AA meeting I attend and see them often on our Forums....

Yes...you too can win over alcohol...
Amen...I thank AA every day for my intervention -one meeting at a time. I will pray for any alcoholic, though, including Mr.Williams.

~God bless~
Old 05-31-2011, 06:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TwelveSteps View Post
It definitely helps me, and for that I'm grateful. I need to be reminded regularly of how my life could have ended up if I'd continued drinking.GG
That is EXACTLY why I watch it!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My first thought was ....wow, I know Micky Mantle had major alcohol issues, but Ted Williams?