Notices

withdrawl advice

Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

withdrawl advice

Advice needed. I typically drank 3 tall cans of 7.9% beer/day and about 8/day on sat/sun for the last few years. The last drink I had was 84 hours ago and I don't really have any withdrawl symptoms that I know of besides being a bare bit fuzzy in the head and someone said I looked a bit pale. I'm I OK given I havent had any of the serios symptoms you guys are talking about? I have no nausea, normal appatite, sleeping well, etc.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I do have mild headaches not requiring meds
Old 05-20-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fancy19 View Post
Advice needed. I typically drank 3 tall cans of 7.9% beer/day and about 8/day on sat/sun for the last few years. The last drink I had was 84 hours ago and I don't really have any withdrawl symptoms that I know of besides being a bare bit fuzzy in the head and someone said I looked a bit pale. I'm I OK given I havent had any of the serios symptoms you guys are talking about? I have no nausea, normal appatite, sleeping well, etc.
You should be OK if you've made it 84 hours without any significant withdrawal symptoms IMO.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to the forum, fancy and congrats on getting sober! This is a great place for support - so stick around!

We're not allowed to give medical advice (everyone has a different drinking history and a different physical makeup, etc.) - and it's always best to see a doctor. I will say, though, that I felt better after 2 days (I usually drank up to a bottle of wine most nights).
Old 05-20-2011, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all....I didn't really have any symptoms after 24 or 48 hours besides a mild headache on and off. I had some abdominal pain the night of my last drink but I think that was diet related - lots of spicy stuff + alcohol + grease here and there.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Fancy. I'm at 43 hours and all I've had is a dull headache, but that could be because I'm at work and some dizzyness. I slept fine last night and I'm feeling a bit sluggish and apathetic. I haven't not drank on a weekend in I wanna say 2 years, so I'm looking forward to it. Looking forward to going to a meeting and heading home to make dinner for my gf and not be passed out on the couch when she gets home from work.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think detox is different for each person, by day 2 I was shaking uncontrollably, could not sleep more than an hour or two at a time, had continuous panic attacks, racing heart, and felt like my head was going to explode. It took me about until day 4 until I finally started to come around. Don't mess with detox it's a dangerous business and if in doubt go see your doctor, in hind sight that should have been what I should have done.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

From my experience I usually was OK within 48 hours or so.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I dont feel as bad as some of the others have detailed that they do or have, but I am as far in as you, and I feel cr@ppy!

Well done you for making the change.. *hugs* am sending you lots of love..
Old 05-20-2011, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to our newer members....

Please read the link below for de tox info and some of our experiences

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

Glad to seee you are chooseing sobriety....
Old 05-22-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Matt M

Once you're past 48 hours then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
But as has been said, it's impossible to pinpoint when it gets dangerous.
I had the nightly panic like attacks/racing heart/muscle spasms etc for the period of about a year until I finally had seizures.
If you read up about alcohol withdrawal, the worry you should then have during the withdrawal should be enough to make you never want to drink again.