Notices

Day 17 sober!

Old 05-09-2011, 03:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17 sober!

Day 17 for me, I'm feeling good, no cravings for a drink and going pretty well. My only real concern is that I started smoking again the last 5 days about 6 a day. I think out of boredom I did this and not feeling great about this as I quit 4 years ago. Don't know how I should be thinking or doing about this. My friend says it's like quitting an addiction and getting a new one. Any feedback about this situation would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to see the doctor for rehab for the alcohol in about 10 days.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Don't get down on yourself. Just let it be what it is and move on.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'm one of the rare people who quit smoking before they got sober. i quit almost 4 years ago, and i'm glad i did.

as you said, you are replacing one addiction for another, so i would simply tell you to replace this one for one that dosen't do so much damage to your body.

if your bored, get an ipod or an e-reader or a laptop and occupy yourself. get a video game system or take up a hobby. smoking is basically paying a huge company something like $5 a pack to really screw up your life.

good luck, i know it's a b!tch to quit, but like i said, if you can find something new to do, it'll make your life so much better.