Notices

when my codependance became my addiction,

Old 04-15-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

when my codependance became my addiction,

I realized recently that as long as I was in a severely dysfunctional relationship I usually had no trouble with alcohol......until I tried to leave the unhealthy relationship.

then like a ton of bricks it hit me............I would drink in excess just to cope and all of a sudden alcohol was an issue?

am I alone, is this uncommon?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I have no experience with being Co Dependent
I also left my only abusive relationshi
Both of us were heavy drinkers ..my husband punched. me...I fled...

I did find drinking turned me into a depressed
woman I detested. I still drank.
That is when I considered I was an alcoholic.

I'm not sure I answered your question
All my best to you an your daughters...

Last edited by CarolD; 04-15-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know what I am talking about..but I always thought codependent was (ME if my definition is right) when you always have to save the world.. a good example would be if you were in a marriage that was DYSFUNCTION FROM HELL and you knew that your husband had a good side when he wasn't drinking so you stayed in it putting up with the drunken AHole waiting for him to get sober. BUT you realized that he is drunk 24/7 and that you staying wasn't going to change him. Then you realized you were drinking more and enjoying it less just to be able to stand him. wtf..so then you get out of the marriage ...sober up..and find out that you are codependent!! Wait..that is ME. But I have been drinking for years...I upped the drinking ante with him..I guess I will admit that I can't blame him for this one..But I do think this is a prime codependent example..
Old 04-16-2011, 10:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Re:when my codependance became my addiction

Codependency issues...had those. I uncovered those issues after doing my 4th step. Thank God I don't have those issues anymore -for today. Drinking in excess doesn't solve anything and either does unhealthy relationships. The serenity prayer helps me to guard against those challenging and perplexing areas of my life that can baffle me from time to time. I pray for the wisdom to know what I can change, what I cannot change, and when to let go and let God. I hope others can do the same.

~God bless~
Old 04-17-2011, 03:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thank you..........just keeping it simple sometimes, I suppose. I really appreciate your time and support guys! Thanks so much you all! I can do this, God is very present in my life these days, I am not alone.