Notices

Incredible anger

Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks aussieblue and Stevie.

How you getting on there today Ozgirl??
In other news I just got my phone bill from my last (ever) bender and it was absolutely horrendous (say $550??), so many phone calls and texts to numbers I don't even recognise... ouch.. Wish I'd just turned it off or not spoken some drunken rabble to whomever was on the other end!! Needless to say I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

PS aussieblue - not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing that there's a whole lot of oz here.. lol other countries might begin to talk! (just joking).
Hope everyone is well
Cheers
Mark
Old 03-16-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

ozbloke: PS aussieblue - not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing that there's a whole lot of oz here..
Maybe it is a good idea to form a OzThread-, I think we have to do a serenity prayer in plural, then a group conscious to ask the HP if it is a goer, then a serenity prayer in the singular no matter if it's a goer or not ?

God, Grant us ther serenity to accept the things we cannot change
that we cannot change a hijacked thread.
Courage to change the things we can,
that we will TRY to not hijack a thread ever again,
And wisdom to know the differance
we do not know if it is wise or not to hijack other ozzie member's threads.
Amen

Group concious
Do we have a Oz Thread?
If so, can we call it "Down Under and Sober"

Old 03-16-2011, 04:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pete55 View Post
Do we have a Oz Thread?
If so, can we call it "Down Under and Sober"
That's catchy
And yes - hijack central.. apologies, but hey it has brought a whole lot of aussies in to support Ozgirl!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Gratitude

As part of my gratitude, I would like to say thank you HP as I understand it,
3 years sober today.
I cannot ask for more to give back what was given freely on a hi-jacked Ozzie thread, AA, SR, and all freinds outsode this forum who may never read this.
May you all be blessed and stay sober for another day.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey fellow Aussies, feeling good today, day 5. Went to an awesome meeting last night and had a good nights sleep finally, 7 hours. How's your journey going?
Old 03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
orangutan

Hey Ozgirl, so glad to hear your feeling good today . Doesn't it feel good to have that sleep.

To all the threadjackers here
I will see you guys in the "down under and sober" thread sometime.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Ozgirl as aussieblue said above that first good night's sleep helps heaps! I'm doing well, day 8 for me now and back to work tomorrow for 5 days 12 hour shifts, so I needed to make sure I was 100% first!! (I don't sit behind a desk, operate machinery etc). Feeling good, just bored of sitting around now and no car here (it's back home). Thank god for foxtel.

Ozgirl from day 5 it only gets easier physically, and it sounds as though you've got a great support base at your meetings, AA isn't for me, been there and tried it, but I've got my own support and it's tremendous to have.

Keep those days (and the wagon) rollin'!

So who's up for the thread? ;-)
Old 03-16-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Glad to hear you are doing well, Ozgirl. Keep the good work up from a fellow oz in Adelaide.
JJ :ghug3
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Chocolate. Used a lot in early AA. All they say is it just helps.
Old 03-17-2011, 04:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support fellow Aussies, maybe we could start a down under thread in the Daily Support Thread section
Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
skg

Been following this thread with interest, because when I came into the recovery rooms of AA and web-based forums, I was pissed off at the world. They explained to me that I had an allergy which manifested itself as a mental obsession (one is too many, a hundred not enough), and that I was powerless once the first drink hit. The solution was to simply not drink--no matter what. Right.

My solution (any mood altering drug would do, but alcohol was my legal drug of choice) was gone and those clowns said, "You're powerless, see? Can't live with it, can't live without it. Unmanageable." Step 1 crap. HONESTY. Buttmunches...

So I got more angry at the sun for feeling hot on my skin; I got angry at the people in the checkout line at the grocery; I got mad at traffic; I got angry at my spousal unit; I got angry at people in recovery; I got to thinking, "Jeeze, I get angry an awful lot..."

And I finally asked some of the ones that had been sober a while, in meetings where newcomers are SUPPOSED to ask those things, "What did you guys do about the rage and the shame and the tears and the frustration and people not doing what I want?" Turns out I had one tool for handling life on life's terms: Rage. Well, two tools if you count pouting, also.

I learned later that HOPE was simply asking someone how they did something, and then trying it. A spiritual principle. HOPE. That MAYBE I could do what they did and get what they got. Step 2 Crap. HOPE.

Well, as you might imagine, I asked a lot of questions. And I stayed sober and I walked through the rest of the steps simply by learning to associate the spiritual principles with actions. I had to learn coping skills and processes of grief and recognize denial and face shame/guilt and all of the things that normal (non-addictive personalities) learn growing up without shortcut solutions. It has taken a while, but the good news is that I am more serene and at peace with myself than most 'normies' that I know today. Most of that's probably by the Grace of God and working the program of AA, but I'll take it over incomprehensible demoralization and the four horsemen ANY day... You can do it, too.

Just for today, don't drink even if your A$$ falls off!
Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Ozgirl Thanks for the support fellow Aussies, maybe we could start a down under thread in the Daily Support Thread section
Ok, I think we have a "Down Under and Sober" in Daily Support.

May I suggest then, the youngest sober Ozzie on this thread or forum open it?
Old 03-18-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Ozgirl

Well done for stopping drinking.

The emotions will come up all the time, but is a process.

Keep going to the meetings and listen to all the similarities and soon you will understand what is going on for you.

I was born in Oz too (Subiaco, Perth) but have been in London for 41 years, so I'm a cockney now!

Keep going day at a time, keep talking, keep listening.