Notices

Still dealing with abusive friend.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still dealing with abusive friend.

This person just won't leave me alone. He's starting to scare me and I know he lurks here, reading my posts. He's an abusive alcoholic, and extremely manipulative- very, very jealous and angry. He has scarred me, literally. I don't know what he is capable of. I can't believe I ever allowed such a thing in my life. No matter how I ignore him- he just won't take a hint. I've even flat out told this person he is a threat to my life and that he has no place in it- but he just won't go away. I am afraid for my safety.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Have you discussed this with one of the mods? Perhaps they can block the guy in some way.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Is this the same man who left bruises on you? Have you contacted the police?

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes it's the same guy. I am considering taking some legal action. This was one of my safe places... and he emails me to let me know he's "watching"- but in his usual passive aggressive way. It's always under the guise of "I've been reading your posts and I'm worried"- it's truly a nightmare. He is so scary.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate dragging the mods into it, they've done so much for me already.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

That's what they are here for. I'm sure they don't mind helping when they can. It could be that they can't do anything, but then again, maybe they can. It's worth a shot.

Block the guy from your email.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sounds like a restraining order is overdue, Sleepie. I'm not sure the mods can block someone from viewing—just from posting—but worth a shot. It seems like the most important thing is keeping him away from you offline.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

How about you print all his details here? Bullies back off quickly when challenged.
I also think a visit from a nice burly guyfriend who likes tackling numbsculls is a good idea.
I do think it might be wise to change your name here. Also, of course, ditto to all above.

Creep, if your reading, get a life! Go and read a book. watch some TV. You have plenty to work on in your own sick little mind. Leave us worry about sleepie.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Get a restraining order. It is a big step, but if you are afraid for your safety, you have to do it. PM me if you have questions. Just went through it myself.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sleepie, please take any action necessary to protect yourself from this abusive Bully! You never know what another person has on their mind. Past behavior is a real indicator! File a restraining order as GS recommended.

Take good Care Sleepie
Old 03-08-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
A work in progress

You can't block someone from reading the site--it is a public forum.

Sleepie, if you ever had a dating relationship with this person, you can get a restraining order. If he is more of a former friend/acquaintance, you can tell him that any communication from him is now considered unwelcome, and that if he continues to contact you in violation of your wishes you will have no choice but to file a complaint for harassment.

These are the preliminary steps you should take if you expect you MIGHT want to take legal action.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think Hollyanne has a pretty good idea with shaming the guy. Give us his details and let us make his life a living heck for you...
Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please listen to Lexie....

You know we Mod's are aware of this guy
we cant stop him from reading
i have removed his post before.

Block him from your email.
you also know how to change your user name.
Contact a local DV Center for info aboutstalking laws.

The real problem tho is he knows where you live
unless you have moved?
I know you want to get away from your living situation
and hope you will be able to soon.

I'm sorry you feel scared...

Last edited by CarolD; 03-08-2011 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm not a big fan of this tactic but you could try ignoring them. Most people will give up and move on to something else.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

No, this isn't a forum for public bashing- however I do appreciate the concern. I am really really hoping he just leaves me alone. I have made it clear to him that I do not wish to talk to him, see him, or communicate in any way. His behavior is erratic- he's a long time drinker (like decades) and I used to fear for his health however I now wonder what underhanded thing he may try. What the beast alcohol can do
Old 03-08-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

There's a couple of things I know about stalkers - one is you should cut off ALL communication with them. The second is to be proactive about your own safety. That means always having your celphone on you, listening to your intuition, getting a big dog, telling all your friends and family about Mr. Creeptastic and asking them to have your back on this, and so forth.

I second the poster above: CreepBoy, if you read this - get your own life, freak.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Actually I can't change the username. I did that before and the mods said no more. I am glad the mods know about this guy. He has shown up unannounced at my door before.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

How could this stalker know where you post and your username unless you communicated the information to him?

keep a written record, file a formal complaint and be done with it. if he shows up at your door call the police, if he calls you keep the record, copy the emails.

End of drama.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

He either looked at my history or watched behind my shoulder when we used to hang out. He's a sneak like that. And if I had any pictures associated with my profile, he could put two and two together. I saw that awhile back, he did visit my profile. My privacy settnigs are set. Other than that, I have no idea.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sleepie,

I talked to my lawyer friend about this thread and your fears. he pulled some legal information for you to review at your leisure. I'm going to pm it to you. hope it helps, nobody should have to live in fear. keep your chin up.

BD