Notices

Observe "Normal" People to see you are not.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justjo View Post
No, not really.
Maybe the difference is simple. Normies as they are called- just enjoy it (slower) they might actually drink it for the taste, not the effect. Like with a good meal. Just like eating a good chocolate, Yumm!
Too bad it tastes like crap
Old 01-19-2011, 04:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Riding Barefoot

Red face

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Lol...when I watch other people drink my impression is that they are all alcoholics
I have a 45 minute train ride home and I watch the men stand around and drink 2-3 beers on the way home...I go to business events and everyone seems to get hammered on the free booze...nope...I can't think of anyone I've met who drinks as slowly as you all claim to have witnessed...its just not possible.

2 to 3 beers in 45 minutes? That sounds SLOW to me!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I'm trying to start a new trend -

WE'RE the "normal drinkers" and it's the casual "social" drinker who's got it all wrong. Saw one of 'em this weekend - something dark in a highball (scotch, Bourbon, whiskey, etc) glass with appetizers, another during dinner, then ordered a third after dinner which he had maybe 1/3 of, paid their bill and left it on the table.

I repeat: he LEFT 2/3's of his drink on the table and just walked out on it.

THAT's frickin insane.

LOL
Old 01-19-2011, 11:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hosted my book club last week and wasn't sure if the 2 bottles of red wine and one white would be enough for 7-8 people, but I remembered that at least a couple of people will usually bring a bottle. Well, some people just had a little wine and others just drank the many non-alcoholic beverages I had to offer. The whole night the entire group only consumed ONE bottle of wine.

I guess I forgot that In the old days 1.5 of those bottles would have been drunk by me alone, LOL.

The friend I had asked in advance to take home any leftover wine (I don't keep alcohol in the house) made out like a bandit. It was a good reminder of what "normal" is and how far away from that I had gotten...

GG
Old 01-19-2011, 11:49 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I can totally relate to this. However, I do find that I tend to drink everything fast. When it was booze, or now when it's a soda water or tea (when it's cool enough). It doesn't seem to matter what it is I'm drinking, I slam it down.