Notices

Celebrity Rehab on VH1

Old 12-15-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Celebrity Rehab on VH1

My god what a mess. Janice Dickenson is out of her mind. I have it DVR'd and from now on when I have a "craving" I will turn that bad boy on and that alone might keep me sober...
Old 12-15-2010, 09:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I like watching this show and Intervention on A&E. They just put every season on netlfix which is awesome. Some people get cravings while watching these shows but for me when I watch intervention it reminds me of what I used to be like or how much further things could have gone.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm triggered by many things, but watching Celebrity Rehab nearly always motivates me to not end up like that! It shows what happens when the party is over. That's a reminder I need constantly.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't get VH 1.....have no clue about CR...

Intervention is interesting to me too....
however....as my vision is very limited
I can't read the print they do.

Maybe that's a good thing.. because ...without those facts
I can pretend they all got recovery and are doing well.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The one thing that most people that I've seen on Intervention and CR have in common is a tremendous amount of anger. What does the BB say? Irritability, Self-Pity, and Discontent are the sources of our problem. So true and so evident. They always seem to blame everyone around them for their problems. Recovery really is an eye opening expierience. I hear it only gets better! Can't wait...
Old 12-15-2010, 11:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

RW....sending you back to our BB.....The Promises
page 83-84 can give you a glimmer of what's ahead.

They began to happen for me early on...and all came true.

Forward we go...side by side
Old 12-16-2010, 12:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Celeb Rehab reminds me that it doesn't matter how successful or attractive or wealthy people are - we're all susceptible. (Watching Janis and that baby-face guy who's so mean - well it makes me think I'm doing pretty darn good!).
Old 12-16-2010, 04:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

this has to be the worst season of CR i've ever seen...some of them walk around with such an attitude of entitlement it makes me wanna vomit. the self importance and arrogance with the tidal wave of narciscism that fills that place is absolutely tragic.

i do like intervention though. that show keeps things really green for me. i remember a couple of seasons ago this guy who was a couple of years younger than me drank himself to death after struggling with sobriety.. he tried for 6 months after rehab to stay sober, but ended up relapsing. he died from enlarged veins called varacies that burst in his esophagus. that was tragic...

i rememeber alot of other episodes, but the most tragic in my eyes, are the episodes that have little kids involved who see thier father/mother spirialing and are helpless to do anything.

my daughter is definately my biggest motivator to stay sober. It brings a great sense of accomplishment to me, to see her, and how happy she is in her every day life.

Because i fought so hard to stay sober, that's a reward i'm blessed with on a daily basis.

that makes me smile. Alot.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BullDog777 View Post
this has to be the worst season of CR i've ever seen...some of them walk around with such an attitude of entitlement it makes me wanna vomit. the self importance and arrogance with the tidal wave of narciscism that fills that place is absolutely tragic.

i do like intervention though. that show keeps things really green for me. i remember a couple of seasons ago this guy who was a couple of years younger than me drank himself to death after struggling with sobriety.. he tried for 6 months after rehab to stay sober, but ended up relapsing. he died from enlarged veins called varacies that burst in his esophagus. that was tragic...

i rememeber alot of other episodes, but the most tragic in my eyes, are the episodes that have little kids involved who see thier father/mother spirialing and are helpless to do anything.

my daughter is definately my biggest motivator to stay sober. It brings a great sense of accomplishment to me, to see her, and how happy she is in her every day life.

Because i fought so hard to stay sober, that's a reward i'm blessed with on a daily basis.

that makes me smile. Alot.
I just watched that episode the other day, it was "Bret" and very very sad yet an eye opener on how this can and will kill us.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

It's very sad.. of course shocking at times. I wish they would do more "where are they now" or follow up shows about them. I know a few seasons ago, (and maybe they'll do that this time too), they followed it with Sober House. This stuff doesn't discriminate!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

When I was drinking I used to look at the Lindsey lohanns of the world and tell myself "at least you aren't that bad!" Now I just look at the celebrities who struggle so publicely with the disease and pray for their recovery.

I don't have a TV but once caught an episode of intervention...I remember thinking how lucky those people were that their families cared enough to try and help them.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
It's very sad.. of course shocking at times. I wish they would do more "where are they now" or follow up shows about them. I know a few seasons ago, (and maybe they'll do that this time too), they followed it with Sober House. This stuff doesn't discriminate!

Ironically this morning Howard Stern was interviewing Dr. Drew and he said there no longer doing sober house. He felt he didn't have much control of them at that point and last year when Tom Syzmor (spelling) blew up it really freaked him out. Dr. Drew did say that Tom Syzmor, Steven Adler and Marey Carry from previous seasons are still sober and follow up reqularly so that was good to hear.
Old 12-16-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
I don't get VH 1.....have no clue about CR...

Intervention is interesting to me too....
however....as my vision is very limited
I can't read the print they do.

Maybe that's a good thing.. because ...without those facts
I can pretend they all got recovery and are doing well.
It's what I would have expected.
Some don't even make it through treatment.

But a fairly decent percentage get some short term sobriety.
(The show hasn't been on long enough for anybody to track anybody long term).

But I think this is because the nature of the show is that most of them go into treatment for 90 days or more.
Just by the fact that an intervention has be done indicates the person may not truly be ready for recovery.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rws177 View Post
Ironically this morning Howard Stern was interviewing Dr. Drew and he said there no longer doing sober house. He felt he didn't have much control of them at that point and last year when Tom Syzmor (spelling) blew up it really freaked him out. Dr. Drew did say that Tom Syzmor, Steven Adler and Marey Carry from previous seasons are still sober and follow up reqularly so that was good to hear.
i just saw Tom Siezemore in an episode of it's always Sunny in Philadelphia.
he also did an interview at comicon late this summer and he looked really healthy. I'm glad he's finally on track. the dude is a talented actor.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

IMO the best Intervention is "Sylvia". You can youtube it and its broken into 6 parts. She was a successful designer who lost everything due to booze. Her obsession ro drink was as strong as anyone I've ever seen. The good news is she did get recovery and as of last year was still in recovery.

I agree that this season is tough to watch the patients are like little selfish kids. Having said that, I do find common ground with most of them. Resentments, shame, anger all contributed to my need to drink. Thanks everyone! BTW - I have 2 weeks today!!!!
Old 12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I haven't seen Intervention in a few months, but I like it and also Sober House in its own way. One thing I can't stand is how they repeat and rehash the same scenes over and over again, making it look pretty contrived.