Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

What do you enjoy drinking, now that you're not drinking??

Notices

Old 12-05-2010, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
High on Life

Just curious about what everyone is drinking, now that you're not drinking.

I have become sort of a tea connoisseur. Well you know what I mean, I like to drink tea. I used to drink Black Tea mostly, but I have been introduced to Madarin Orange Spice which is excellent, so I decided to go tea shopping and bought a box. I also decided to try Apple Cinnamon Spice.

Arizona makes this Diet Blueberry Tea that is to die for on a hot sunny day.

I also enjoy drinking coffee, I mean what AA person doesn't, but I usually don't drink coffee unless I'm at a meeting. Cappuccinos hot and cold are also great too.

What is everyone else drinking??
Old 12-05-2010, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I drink a lot of iced tea. At work, I have a couple of cups of coffee in the mornings, then switch over to water. My employer offers free bottled water, different juices and soft drinks. I might have a soft drink once or twice a week, but I've never been much of a soda drinker. I also buy vitamin water sometimes for a change of pace.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Coming off of alcohol and all of that sugar I have given my body a break from all sugary drinks. No soda, fruitdrinks or milks. I filter my water and drink only that.

I'm trying to get my body unhooked from sugar.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

COFFEE

I like a decent cup, not the super expensive, gourmet stuff, but anything a step above Folgers. When I am at AA I'll take a spoonful of the hot chocolate mix and pour the nasty coffee over that. I call it the mochaholic.

I love juice too, so long as there's no pineapple in it (pineapple makes me gag.) There's also a Russian beverage called kvas that I love. Traditionally it's made with rye bread and fermented, the real stuff is minutely alcoholic, but what is sold in the U.S. is made differently and is totally NA.

I really can't do sodas. I was not allowed them when I was a kid and never got into it since.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm a coffee head also! That and water....gives the ole kidneys a good workout!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've upped my intake of coffee but I have also found a new fondness for lemonade - Yummy!

What's really weird is that I also find myself consuming a lot of slushy ice chips.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hooligan

diet soda, and lots of it
Old 12-05-2010, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have about 6 cups of high octane coffee every AM with a shot of flavored creamer...(i love my keurig machine, i get up at 5AM for work)....once i get to work i switch to herbal tea....we have a commercial keurig on every floor in the doctors lounges and in patient areas.

i am enjoying lemon zinger tea mixed with true blueberry with a slice of fresh lemon and splenda.

i also love seltzer with a shot of fresh fruit jiuce and Smart water....i'm not much of a soda person, although sometimes i need sugar-free red bull.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I enjoy morning coffee, lots of water, cranberry or apple juice, and sometimes plain clear soda - no caffeine. Like sprite or something.

Mostly water though
Old 12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Coffee, tea & lemonaid.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fresca....lots and lots of Fresca.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Iced tea for me, mostly - like Suki I have a coupla cups of coffee in the morning, then it's iced tea for me all day - even here in Colorado, this time of year. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm an iced tea-aholic.

LOVE the mochaholic, Isaiah, at meetings - I'm gonna use your word for it - LOL!!
Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Isaiah...I've got to check out the kvas sounds interesting!

I had a kombucha today and it was pretty good. I like to mix up my seltzer water by adding blood orange bitters and emergen-C powder to it. San pellegrino limonatta and aranciata. Coffee, tea (herbal and green with honey and lemon), I also love lemonade.

Today I got rose water which you are supposed to add to hot water I'm going to give it a try. I drink hot water all the time...its so much healthier than ice water.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Since it's been chilly, I've been enjoying hot tea. My new favorite is Vanilla Caramel tea. I put in a little honey and fat-free half and half. Yummy

Also like coffee mostly in the morning, but sometimes a pot of decaf at night. Have lots of flavored creamers.

Also like "diet" cranberry juice with a little ginger ale for a cold drink.

Oh - and Coke Zero.

I always have something to drink next to me, but now it doesn't make me feel bad the next day
Old 12-05-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hooligan

^^^ im the same way about always needing something to drink, people are always like you drink to much diet pop. I just need something to sip on constantly
Old 12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I love Sumatra coffee. Fresh ground at home... K cups at work.

When I was in early recovery, I got into tea big time... I had all these different types of tea... Green, White, Black and some herbals. I bought them loose and steeped them according to the variety... water temp and all that... I like white tea, but it's a hassle because you have to watch the temp and time closely or it tastes horrible.

Oh, lots of diet coke, I am having one now.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

coffee, tea, G2, diet coke, diet ginger ale, root beer at restaurants. Occasional hot chocolate at night. We just got some apple cider at Trader Joe's, which we'll be having tonight.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
2nd chance at a 1st cl*** life

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
I also enjoy drinking coffee, I mean what AA person doesn't
LMFAO

I drink a lot of tea now, especially chamomile tea. I've also found if you boil apple leaves it makes an excellent apple tea. You can do this with any leaves really. You have to be careful with citrus leaves (lemon, Orange, mandarin) because if you boil them to long you get too much citrus oil. Of course any type of mint leaves will make a good tea also.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good filter coffee, lemon/orange/cinammon/almond essence, mini marshmallows, chocolate spinkles and a big swirl of canned cream.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

It's really interesting to read that not many people go for those nasty "energy" drinks. There are SO many now. I've never even tried a red bull or rock star or one of the multiple others, but so many people I went through rehab with drink those things now. YUCK!