Notices

Day 10

Old 09-01-2010, 10:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

Should feel great at this point but I still have awful anxiety. It manifests itself as muscular spasms in my neck and spine, but otherwise I don't feel too bad and can sleep well etc. I'm trying all sorts, magnesium, valerian, megadose B vitamins, no caffeine, but at the end of each working day I'm just feeling really beat and just want to lounge back in my comfy chair rather than go out to exercise (which would probably help). When does the anxiety start to go? I know one way of getting rid of it immediately
Old 09-01-2010, 11:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's different for different people. For me, somewhere around 2 weeks I stopped feeling edgy, tense and moody. It took over 2 months to start feeling really, really good.

after a few weeks, I started to exercise reguarly again. . .and it has helped a great deal.

Stick with it. You will feel better!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days sober!!

I'd wait another week to start the exercise. Your body is still going through stress from the withdraw process. If you have gone 10 days than the worst is probably over. I think I had high anxiety for about 2 weeks as well. Just think you don't have to feel that way again.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My anxiety hung on for a long time. Sometimes, a hot bath will work wonders on your tense muscles. The scents of lavender and mint are soothing. I also drank a lot of chamomile tea in the early days of my sobriety.

Just hang on. This, too, will pass.