Notices

Nothing new

Old 07-30-2010, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nothing new

I know people have trouble sleeping when they quit drinking, but what utter frustration! I have had problems sleeping since I was in my early twenties. I missed a really important Dr. appointment this morning because I did not sleep until 5:30. And they squeezed me in last minute so I wouldn't run out of meds. Now my counselor will be frustrated and I face the likelihood of klonopin withdrawal. Bummer. I tried to sleep, then I watched some of a movie. Then I tried to sleep- then I got up for a bit. Repeat, repeat until 5:30 a.m. No advice is necessary, I am just bummed and tired I went for two bike rides yesterday too, I thought the exercise would tire me.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

does reading a book not help you sleep....and dont read whilst in bed...i read down stairs till i feel sleepy then hit the sack...works most times.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've had problems with insomnia all my life as well and when it's bad NOTHING works so I feel for ya sleepie. Sun-Wed of this week I didn't get to sleep until around 2 am each morning and I was up at 6 am to go to work, on Wednesday driving home I came very close to falling asleep behind the wheel. Each day I ate right, worked out at the gym, did everything the same but no sleep, finally last night I fell asleep before 11 pm. Hope you get some sleep tonight.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, me too jamdls I read, I get up and do things, I watch a show... I get sleepy but I still can't sleep. I can be exhausted but unable to sleep.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sleepie, must admit sleep is an issue here too, i cant seem to get to bed till midnight every night, mon till fri, up at six every morn..seem to run on around about 6 hours a night, work days..though gotta say, wake up sleep walking ,grumpy as sin most mornings,
needing a high caffeine fix..to function first couple of hours.., and of course the less said the better..dont need anyone on my case first thing..bad idea.., then that lie in at weekends,even an hour or two,is pure bliss, dont know why, always been a bit of a nighthawk, so to speak.