Notices

Day 3

Old 07-28-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Today is day 3, and I feel considerably better. After an enjoyable bike ride to a quieter, friendlier neighborhood, I dropped in on the farmer's market. The weather is cloudy and breezy- just the way I like it- despite the humidity. After a cheap lunch at my favorite falafel stand, I ran a few errands. I also picked up a few things at the library, and discovered a skate shop/ cafe here in my own neighborhood where the staff was very embellished (tattoos and such) and quite nice! I discussed a short term goal regarding sobriety with my counselor and she will be helping me with that. All over, a decent day. Hope you are all well.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sleepie, Way to go on Day 3 - keep it up!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 07-29-2010, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done Sleepie!
Please take this as a well meant question from a person who has no artistic qualities at all... So if it is too obvious or too stupid do not be too hard on me...

Could you paint this if you have not done so already? Your personal painted sobriety diary? I love all your avatars by the way
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I finally felt less sluggish getting up this morning. Thank you Wilde, I appreciate that but I have quit painting. I hope to explore other things in the future... For now- reading, biking and staying away from drinking are my activities
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sleepie...

Why have you quitted 'painting'?

Perhaps you have already posted this -although I read your posts regularly since I am here. Or perhaps this is not something you want to speak about just to satisfy Wilde's curiousity...

The bike and reading seems quite a nice plan to me though. Happy to hear you are having a good day
Old 07-29-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well painting actually bores me. It always has. I'm more of a sporadic art maker for fun rather than a dedicated artist- which is why I never referred to myself as an artist despite having shown and sold work... It always irritated me that anyone who ever made anything was in such a hurry to describe themselves as an artist. I was never particularly skilled either, I get bored really quickly... I'm still trying to figure out what it is I actually like to do, and if I'm skilled at anything naturally. I don't know yet.