Notices

Closing times.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Closing times.

Okay, there's 1 and 1/2 hours until the closest liquor store closes. 2 and 1/2 hours until one a bit farther closes and I have 4 and 1/2 hours until the last one closes. All I want/ need is two drinks, to sleep. I am reaching out here because I don't know what else to do for now. After working a temp gig all day, I walked a couple of miles, ate, and rented a couple of movies to distract myself. Please, if you can't be nice in your response- I ask that you ignore my thread. I am tired and feeling fragile today. I have one week of sobriety. I've spoken w/ my sponsor, I have been to 2 meetings.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Have you tried prayer? Just a simple, "Help me." You don't have to know who/what is hearing the prayer -- only have the faith that the prayer is heard. That's where it started for me in keeping away from the first drink, and I still ask the unknowable today for the same kind of help.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 07-01-2010, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Please don't sleepie. The craving will pass.

Go read through all your past posts and remember how you will feel if you drink.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd rather try all 42 of these before I broke down and drank, sleepie
Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

I know how it is...I spent twenty years enslaved by my desire for oblivion in one way or another...

but I also know that the only way to have your life change for the better is to do things differently.

I believe you can do it

D
Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Hi, sleepie. I also still have craving. But I have no craving when I go to bed. I just have craving during day time and boring. If you can, you go to doctor to get sleep pills. Craving will pass soon. Read and write on SR. Browse web. Read books. Drink water!
Old 07-01-2010, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made myself do 200 pushups, 25 at a time, take a warm shower, drink a warm glass of milk ( yah I know sounds like kindergarden ) but those little kids got it going on. I slept for a few hours and repeated the whole thing over and over. This too shall pass bro, just not today. God Bless Oh yah, and what sugah said, prayer does help!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I used to eat a ton of ice cream early on........ a ton, booze sucks with a stomach full of ice cream...

It will pass, it is so easy for me to sit behind my keyboard and say that but I have been in your shoes, it will pass. It is so hard sleepie I know but you can do it.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Okay I'll try some of the insomnia techniques. As far as ice cream- I am dieting and exercising a little more, maybe that's contributing. I always want to eat at night, or drink at night But I want so much to lose weight, I've been eating less and I'm ten pounds down. I know that 2 drinks won't add much to my calories for the day because I ate very little. And I'm avoiding caffeine again too...
Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Sleepie, I'm sending you my phone number via private message. If you have urges or cravings that scare you, CALL me, call somebody- anyone who's given you their number from a meeting. I am always up until at LEAST 3 am, which means if you live in the continental United States I'll always be up later than the last liquor store on the west coast.

Really- reach out- - you may be surprised at the help and hope you get from a nearly perfect stranger.

sunrise
Old 07-01-2010, 10:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
I know that 2 drinks won't add much to my calories for the day because I ate very little.
You also know that it won't stop at those 2 drinks.

Don't give in. You've come so far.. you can do this.

Pray. Fight. Persevere.

The world is yours for the taking.. don't allow addiction to win.

Just think of how grateful you'll be in the morning when you wake up victorious.

I believe in you.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi sunrise, and sleepy! I know AA recomend phone call when calving. After 3am me and Australian people help sleepy. We are around the clock service in SR.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Sleepie, EAT..Eat..Eat.. I swear hunger was also i trigger for me. Dunno why, so eat. and listen if you can go to store Yogi bedtime tea helps also Melatonin taken together or take a couple tylenyol pms or unisom, or Benadryl. Please don't drink you ARE better than that!

XO

Ps- i am on west coat and up till 3am if you need someone to type to.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
DOS: 11/6/10

Excellent... thanks Ninja! it's way cool to know that we've got someone 'round the clock here.

Just to add- my answering the phone for someone in need is more important than my sleep. I'm an easy sleeper so the minute I hang up, I'm back down and out.

Lastly, remember that I am not doing you a favor by offering my number... it is you who would be doing me the favor. We both stand to hold on to our sobriety better- - so it's not as if I wouldn't benefit greatly as well.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for reading and replying... I did not "win" tonight, but I did do a certain amount of damage control... I really appreciate that, Sunrise- I will take advantage of your offer in the future- thank you. My personal road to recovery has been more grey than black and white- and though I may be lambasted for it here- maybe someone else will relate and benefit. I do hear you all- and you have helped. I did not down a 6 pack, I did not mix with sleeping pills. I indulged a bit, yes- however, this is my road... Namaste.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good job, sleepie. Do not hesitate to ask help in SR. We are all here to support you. Have a nice sleep!
Old 07-02-2010, 12:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you Ninja, Sunrise, and all I apologize if I have disappointed anyone.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:14 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

And... It did stop at those 2 drinks... Admittedly (and at the risk of incurring harsh words- however I am honest to a fault) I did down about 5 mg. of clonazapem over the course of about 5 hours- I usually take one to two a day. Bash if necessary. I am constitutionally honest- I don't know why, but it seems like a healthy thing for whatever reason. Not an excuse, but 2 things in particular are contributing to my current inability to refrain from these crutches. One medical, one family related.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey sleepie

I hope you can work out those crutches or at least work out other ways.
It really never gets better using the drink as a solution for anything

Do keep listening, and trying to find those other ways.

D
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
And... It did stop at those 2 drinks... Admittedly (and at the risk of incurring harsh words- however I am honest to a fault) I did down about 5 mg. of clonazapem over the course of about 5 hours- I usually take one to two a day. Bash if necessary. I am constitutionally honest- I don't know why, but it seems like a healthy thing for whatever reason. Not an excuse, but 2 things in particular are contributing to my current inability to refrain from these crutches. One medical, one family related.
I'll say this...for whatever it's worth. Please don't take this the wrong way, Sleepie...but you're walking a VERY VERY dangerous line with the pills right now.

Clonzepam is one of the most addictive Benzos they make. It's also deemed one of the most difficult to detox from after you get hooked too.

5mg is a VERY VERY high dose to be taking for ANY reason. Most seizure disorders don't require that much. Dependence has been known to delevop after just .5-1mg per day for a couple of weeks.

When i say in my story i was addicted to prescription meds as well, Clonzepam was the one that had me. I was taking between 4-6 mg per day, and i'm 6'5 and weight 260. I'm pretty sure, as a female you have a smaller liver and a lower tolerance than a man of my size so it's probably going to have a more severe effect on you.

At 4-6 mg per day or even 4 mg every 2 days it took me more than a month of RAPID horrific detoxing to be able to function again....if you take it for a long period of time, detox has been known to last more than a year.

Tolerance insomnia was my first indication that the dependence was getting bad-

God, Sleepie....i'm terrified for you right now. PLEASE PLEASE get to a doctor and ask him/her to get you off of this stuff. if you haven't been on it very long, you might be lucky enough to walk away with a few uncomfortable nights, but this is going to end in DISASTER if you don't get this under control.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Sleepie!

Well you didn't "win" tonight but you can win tomorrow night.

I say take that diet, toss it out the window, and listen for the kerrrrsplatttt! when it hits the ground.

One of the only ways I've somehow put together some sober time was by letting myself indulge in yummy foods. Many nights my HP has been a bowl of Rocky Road ice cream right before bed.

I have always been conscious of my weight, hovering between where I like to be and 30 extra pounds so I'm not one of those annoying skinny people that just stays skinny just because they're skinny.

Keep up the exercise. I've been working out like a crazy person everyday and it's helped a lot.

I've actually lost a few lbs even with the ice cream and entire box of Kraft macaroni and cheese I ate tonight for dinner.

Well, for what it's worth, that's what helped me.

Keep us updated tomorrow!