Notices

God.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

God.

God help me.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Our description of the alcoholic, the chapter to the agnostic, and our personal adventure before and after make clear three pertinent ideas:

a) That we were alcoholic and could not manage our own lives.

b) That probably no human power could have relieved our alcoholism.

c) That God could and would if He were sought.

You can do this mate...you already know where to get what you are looking for:-)
Old 06-18-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Penny,
God will help you. All you need do is to appeal to God and sincerely state that you want to change and that you need God's help. God's love is the most powerful force in the universe. God's truth is living and present and always available. God is greater than every problem you face - even the seemingly impossible problem of getting sober and staying sober. If you believe in God, even the tiniest bit, He will show Himself to you, over and over. You may not feel that you deserve God's love and God's care - none of us do! We are not worthy of God's love, yet He offers it freely to all who will ask and trust in Him.

I hope that you will take the advice you have been given and seek help to get on the path to sobriety. You will be surprised at how the hand of God will lead you, if you let Him! The friendship of our loving God is like a drug itself - it will heal you and it will intoxicate you. You will become addicted to God if you set yourself aside and let God into your life. Go ahead and try it. Replace alcohol with prayer, get yourself some gospel tunes and listen to a message of hope and strength, take one step toward God, and then another, and another and soon you will be following Him.

Last edited by pongo; 06-18-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: correct misspelling
Old 06-18-2010, 01:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Penny,

Tell us what is happening. We are here to help.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

My experiences with God around my asking for help is to discover that He already had helped me or was deep in the process but in my misery i was not aware of His help. Most times i was always in catch-up mode with all the details. It seems almost impossible sometimes to appreciate the silver lining in the storm clouds pouring their dismay onto our lives. I've had my share of setbacks and challenges in life, but to be honest, God was always there before i knew it, if i want to be honest about it, looking back.

Words are cheap, i know. Nonetheless, i hope things work out for you with God.

RobbyRobot
Old 06-18-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I replied to another post of yours.....
I repeat....

A medical detox is the wisest way for you
I have no idea what is available in Holland.