Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Taste buds coming back and, oh yeah, Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 08:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Remember when we were drinking and food didn't taste like anything? Eating was just something we did (or didn't do) because we knew we had to and everyone says to keep eating in early recovery.

Anyway, being that's it's Cinco de Mayo, I ventured out first thing this morning to get a big plate of huevos rancheros. I must've been feeling brave because I ordered the hot chile.

I think flames might have shot out of my mouth! I felt like a failed New Mexican. I had forgotten that maybe, my sense of taste was coming back.

To sum up. Happy Cinco de Mayo! I know it's a big drinking holiday, but instead I got a walk in the beautiful Albuquerque morning, a big plate of good food, and a not so subtle reminder to stay sober!

Tex

Last edited by Texasblind; 05-05-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
April 18, 2010

oh man, thanks for the reminder! I'm going to be extra cautious riding my bike today.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy Cinco de Mayo to you! I am going out to dinner with my husband and we are going to sit on the patio outdoors and enjoy the warm weather and some Mexican food.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It seems like every holiday is a "drinking holiday" but it really doesn't have to be that way, at least not anymore. Over the weekend I turned 27 and it was probably the first B-day in many years that I have not gone out drinking . My friends took me to a Cardinals game on Sunday and didn't drink , it was peacefull and nice. Tonight I am going out for a b-day dinner with my step mom, life is good.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That taste thing can back fire, i just went to a lebanese restuarant and im not sure wtf i just eat but they promised me it was chicken...looked and tasted like road kill...lebanon is off my list of places to go before i die lol
Old 05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm celebrating by going to my favorite women's group meeting tonight! It's gonna be a tough one, otherwise, because this is my first "holiday" not drinking/drugging. But I'm thankful that it fell on the same day as my favorite meeting.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Taste buds are one of the many feelings I regained from being sober. Its amazing how numb the senses were.