Notices

OK I'm Even More Scared

Old 05-03-2010, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy OK I'm Even More Scared

After this last binge I've got some new bruises. Although it could be due to moving my chest of drawers earlier today. I'm scared. I have a blood clot looking thing on my heel. Don't know when it got there.

I know people cannot give medical advice but I just need to say it.

Also, I just got through withdrawals that made me want to cry uncle all through Sunday and then Saturday afternoon. I hate that trembly feeling because its like I feel like I'm shaking but I can't visibly see it in my hands. I felt so unwell that I had to call out of work today. My stomach was upset, I had no appetite, my heart was racing with palpitations, and OH the ANXIETY. Unfortunately the worst of the anxiety was at 3 am in the morning or so. I couldn't pick up the phone and do anything about what was bothering me until 11.

Anyway when I was rooting around in my messenger bag for the number to call work, I found a water bottle that had sherry and coke. I had put it in there so that I could drink and drive. For a moment, I thought I would hold on to it, just in case..... I poured it in the bathroom sink.

When I woke up this morning I was so relieved that the worst of the w/d's were over. I never wanted to do it again. I liked the fact that after a few hours of being awake and sober, I was able to address at least one huge problem and find out that it was actually easily resolved.

If you are in w/d's are you sober? The bruising, the job loss, the financial devastation, the social isolation, the drinking and driving. Time has run out for me. Time is running out for me. Its do or die now. The only thing left is my health and that seems to be impacted too. I don't want another withdrawal. I don't want to be a burden on my family. I'm tired of falling further and further behind in life. I'm done. For real.

I cannot believe I thought about drinking what was in the water bottle.

Back in January, I told myself: You are going to keep learning the same lesson until you start making different choices.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't think anyone will tell you that going through detox is fun. It sucks! But, once you get through it, you never have to go through it again. Although detox is awful, that is actually the easiest part of recovery. Have you given any thought to what kind of recovery program to make use of?
Old 05-03-2010, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rational recovery. I plan to start seeing my therapist again and journalling. Journaling allowed me to work through my feelings and address the emotional reasons why I drank.

What program do you follow?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

AA is my program. I know you are concerned about money, and AA doesn't cost anything but time. Maybe gas to get there and donations when you can afford it.
I saw another poster post this today (sorry I don't remember who).
I fell in a hole and hollerd up for someone to help me get out.
A doctor threw down a bottle of pills.
I hollerd up again and a guy yelled down "don't drink"
I hollered up again and a guy named Joe jumped down in the hole with me.
I asked why the hell did you do that? Now were both stuck in this hole.
Joe replied Yea, but I know the way out.

To me that describes AA. Everyone there has been stuck in the hole and knows what it's like. I can tell you are ready to get out of the whirlwind.
It might work for you, and it might not. But you will never know unless you give it a try. There really is everything to gain and nothing to lose by trying it.
I wish you the best.
Fred