Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Day 14......looking forward to entering the 20's....:)

Notices

Day 14......looking forward to entering the 20's....:)

Old 02-28-2010, 02:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Day 14......looking forward to entering the 20's....:)

I hope everyone is doing well today.......another sober weekend is coming to a close and it feels really good. I just stuffed myself on homemade spaghetti which doesn't feel so good.......lol.......oh well. I am finding that getting outside and walking for about an hour a day and making sure I eat well is helping alot. The fresh air helps me sleep well......I also have been planning my weekends in advance.....for me...idleness and boredom were a problem. As time goes by, it is getting alot easier. The better I feel physicaly and mentally, the desire to drink is further from my mind. To be perfectly honest, I've only had one craving since I quit. I think I am in a place where I am truly ready to leave that life behind me. I take it day by day.........what did everyone else do this weekend??
Old 02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your two weeks Shantra

D
Old 02-28-2010, 04:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go, shantra!

I had a fantastic weekend...my first sober one in about 15 years....

I sat around a lot more than I would have liked, but I have a stupid cold which is knocking me down a bit. But I did get a ton of cleaning done. I got up early both days and went for walks. Went for a big walk this afternoon. Did a bunch of cooking. Just watched my country win the hockey gold medal at the Olympics (which makes the man in my house very happy).

All in all: Success!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by Fluffhead72 View Post
Way to go, shantra!

I had a fantastic weekend...my first sober one in about 15 years....

I sat around a lot more than I would have liked, but I have a stupid cold which is knocking me down a bit. But I did get a ton of cleaning done. I got up early both days and went for walks. Went for a big walk this afternoon. Did a bunch of cooking. Just watched my country win the hockey gold medal at the Olympics (which makes the man in my house very happy).

All in all: Success!

But you didnt drink......that is a great success!!... I wish I could say I got alot of cleaning done....lol.......oh well.......congrats on your first sober weekend!!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was watching "Thelma & Louise" on the movie channel on Friday night...the scene a few days into their journey (after the attempted rape, the armed robbery etc etc). They've gone a long way.

They're driving along and (I'm paraphrasing here) Thelma says, "Louise, you awake?" and Louise says, "I hope so, my eyes are open." And Thelma replies, "I feel awake. Really awake. I don't think I've ever been this awake in my life."

That's kind of how I feel today. Awake.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done by all. I am almost at two weeks also and feel great.

Best of luck,
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i am on Sober Day 14 today and just passed my 2nd Sober Weekend....I have a few cravings here and there, but the big picture looks better sober to me.

I do plan the time out in advance and I have lots to do,(I have the option of working a few hours on Sunday and the extra $$ sure helps) but need to incorporate exercise into my plan to help for better sleeping and physical health too.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pure Radio Rental

Right there with you - day 14, must be a personal record because I can't remember ever going a full 2 weeks without, since my first sip a hundred years ago...
Just taking it a day, rather, a minute, at a time.