Notices

My first weekend sober in a year......

Old 02-21-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile My first weekend sober in a year......

I feel amazing this morning........going to my parents for supper. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I hope you all stayed sober and took care of yourself. I have been getting alot of sleep and it's helped me soo much. When I drank, my sleep was horrible. As we all know, passing out isn't sleep. I was a weekend binge drinker; my weekend rest wasn't sleep, it was a night of sweating and tossing and turning. Monday mornings were hell and by the time I felt somewhat "normal", it was Friday again.......the vicious cycle of alcoholism.......I have gotten 20 hours of blissful, alcohol free sleep this weekend. ........have a great day everyone. Take care of you......
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats! I just did the same myself. I feel atypically calm and refreshed on a Sunday morning for the first time in years.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats. Having weekends back, waking up on a Saturday morning with a clear head--there's nothing better. It used to be I'd have to sleep til noon, then wake up and have a drink to settle my nerves. Some mornings still I wake up and have to remind myself I'm not hungover--talk about conditioning.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to know all 3 of you are finding health
benefits so quickly! Awesome.....

T....Hi again....
I replied to your thread in Newcomers
many of us use several Forums
Good to see you here in Alcoholism too.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Feeling rested was the first benefit of getting sober that I experienced, and what an incredible one!!! Yes, it is such a pleasure to wake up with a clear head, yawn and stretch, enjoy the sunlight brightening the bedroom, get up and make a fresh pot of coffee, and look forward to the day. Such a simple pleasure and one I have missed for a long time... Thanks for the reminder!