Notices

weird withdrawal type symptom today :\

Old 02-08-2010, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wing D2, Ward 2, Cell 24

weird withdrawal type symptom today :\

Will summarize:
friend and I were on a hilarious camera website. i said something like, "this would be funny if you were drunk." we messed around on that website and then were leaving and talking about papers we have to write, and i said mine was on alcoholism. she said something like, "studying drunk means you have to take the test drunk."

for some reason i got positive feelings about alcohol soon after that and started considering purchasing some. it was a very small part of my mind that considered it, as most of my mind was like no that is a bad idea. but that tiny part was still there.
so i went about analyzing why i was thinking that way,. because i analyze things a lot and also i wanted to find out what triggered these thoughts, so that i can change that frame of mind for nexxt time.

i thought that there was a sense of comfort from the actual purchase of alcohol, and not the actual drinking, so i would get comfort from the purchase of alcohol. i was getting really edgy and nervous, but kept trying to figure out why i thought that way. it was also a habit type of thing, end work, go to store, buy beer to "feel good", and habits are hard to break.

anyways, after all that analyzing, my hands and legs started shaking and i felt pressure in my chest, which were the symptoms i had when i had withdrawal initially. i took ativan, which helped eventually, but also made me lose muscle coordination as it usually does

so apparently thinking about alcohol, then analyzing why i was thinking about it, triggered withdrawal symptoms.

hmm maybe because i was thinking about alcohol, even though i was thinking about it negatively, triggered parts of my brain related to alcohol, and thus caused the craving / withdrawal..

i am very confused so sorry if this is rambly,
Old 02-08-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think we can think too much Fakey

Literally anything was reason enough for me to want to drink.

I got anxious in early recovery too - almost like panic attacks when I thought of drinking.

Maybe it was something like that.
Pls see your doctor if you're concerned.

D
Old 02-08-2010, 06:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Wing D2, Ward 2, Cell 24

yeah i will definitely bring this up with the doc when i see them next. ive been sober 1.5 months now and was hoping the withdrawal symptoms would be gone by now
ah well.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would think they would be..but...

I have to remember that alchohol withdrawal involves anxiety...so if i get anxiety...some of the same symptoms occur

try some deep breathing and relaxation excersises
Old 02-08-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Fakey

Don't worry. It's perfectly normal to be having such thoughts. You can expect to have some more of them in the future, but don't let them scare you. It's just the alcoholism. As long as you know that and don't act on it, you'll be fine

All the best