Notices

Tomorrow is D day!

Old 02-07-2010, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is D day!

Well, I have spent the weekend thinking and drinking, in moderation during the day.. heavy at night. But tomorrow at 8:30 I will be at my Dr.s appt it was pre-scheduled to go over some bloodwork so this should be interesting. anyway, it's weird to think that after tomorrow morning I will *hopefully* never drink again! Giving me a bit of anxiety just thinking how am I going to manage without it.. I have been drinking everyday for the past 3mos no less than 20oz over a 6hr period. Well we'll see how things go.... have a great day everryone!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Good for you, for deciding to give it up! It can be a bumpy road to sobriety, but it's worth the effort. Glad you're seeing the doctor. Are you going to ask for medical help during your detox? I hope it goes well for you.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you success Donna

D
Old 02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know it can be nerve racking to detox...but i can't tell you how excited I am that you are about to start this journey

Old 02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good for you Donna....

Hope your de tox goes smoothly
please do check back with us
Old 02-07-2010, 09:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks everyone... if I am not on here posting for a few days it means they put me in the detox facility here in Saint John...but if I am going to be detoxing at home I will post my progreass...I'm am super nervous about how bad the detox might be.. I have a good portion of the detox symptoms after about 6-8hrs after my last drink including the hand tremors... ugh.. anyway this is something I must do and take what is handed to me!!! again thanks soooooo much for your support you have no idea how much it means to me!!!!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Keeps... !!! well talked with the Dr. and I am being admitted to detox at Ridgewood at 2:30pm today.. the detox program is one week....ugh... but should be all good in the end!!!! everyone take care and I'll see you on the other side!!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Getting quite anxious now... am leaving for detox in a few min..... let the roller coaster begin!!! have fun guys...
Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober member

good luck,you will be much happier,even while there!
Old 02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best of luck!

Steve
Old 02-12-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey guys...... well I am out of Detox... holy crap the first 24hrs were hell... the first night the anxiety level was so high ..thank goodness for Valium..but only needed it the first night, the next morning the physical withdrawal started... ugh that was not any fun at all... but that afternoon I meditated for 1.5hrs and felt like the fog had cleared from my brain and soul... from then on I was good.. no meds, no problems.. I was the only one on the unit with no meds.. and now I feel fantastic and looking forward to a life of Sobriety... you will see me around here alot as there is a waiting list for an addictions counselor and no other meetings but AA and AA though a great program doesn't work for me because of the strong religious attachment... thanks everyone for all your support and like I said .. you'll see me here as a regular!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

and AA though a great program doesn't work for me because of the strong religious attachment
In actuality AA is a spiritual, not religious, program. Some members are deeply religious, but the program itself is not. There are also many other programs out there for recovery: SMART is the only one I can remember right now but there are others. Oh yes, LifeRing is another. Google 'alcoholism recovery programs' and see what you come up with.

Here is the link from the sticky at the top of this forum about the different programs. http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html
Old 02-12-2010, 11:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad to hear that your detox went so well Donna.
I am hoping the quitting part goes well for you to.
I use SR here for my support and it is working out great for me.
Good luck.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Donna.....Congratulations!
Old 02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

thanks Least.. yes I registered at Smart last week.. I think between that one and this site I should be good... I did have a pretty strong craving this afternoon but it went away with in maybe 10min and I got through it... thanks all... see you at the meeting tongiht...
Old 02-12-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Glad to hear the detox went decent for you. Sounds like you've got a good attitude about sobriety as well.

Steve
Old 02-12-2010, 08:05 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

donna..please share your expereinces with Smart...especially on the secular thread...alot of people there either use it or use it in combination with other tools.

Glad you are doing well..hope we continue to see you in chat