Notices

Alcohol and its progression

Old 08-30-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is GOOD

Alcohol and its progression

So im an addict and have been getting sober, its been 2 months since I have used. With the help of AA, a sponsor, and taking action I have been able to stay sober. Today I get a phone call from my Dads gf and she tells me that he has graduated. He is an alcoholic with various drug issues, but the graduated part means he has started smoking crack, mind you he is 59 years old and now looks 75 or 80. I dont know what its gonna take for him to want to finally get sober. He was shot 8 months ago, and was lucky to live. He was doing well after he got shot cuz he couldnt take his ass to the bar. He started feeling better three months ago, and his disease progressed worse during the 5 months he was laid up. I figure he is gonna die any day now, just waiting for the phone call and believe me it will be no surprise. He has had several near death experiences, another driving his car off a 40 foot cliff. Apparently he wants to die. I know that all I can do is pray for him. Interventions dont work so my family has given up on that. He has $$ and it keeps enabling him. He was locked up yesterday too. Just wanted to share about a hopeless addict. Thanks. He reminds me everyday that if I continue drinking and using I will turn out just like him.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

:praying Sorry about your situation. It is a sad reminder of what an awful disease this is. My heart goes out to you.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

How sad for y'all. Prayers of comfort coming your way.

I'm so glad to know you are breaking the vicious
circle of addiction. Good for you!

Forward we go ..side by side....
Old 08-30-2009, 10:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about you father donweezy I hope he can turn things around. Good for you for breaking the cycle of addiction.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

Thanks for sharing that. Like you said, "if I continue drinking and using I will turn out just like him."

Few of us would be any different.