Notices

Whooo Hooo!!! I DID IT.......

Old 08-20-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KC1

Whooo Hooo!!! I DID IT.......

I GOT THROUGH DAY FOUR. I got through my client entertainment event WITHOUT drinking. WHOOO HOOOO. Went to the golf clinic, even played the best 9 holes of my life, went to the "after golf" crab feast (with all you can eat crabs and pitchers of beer) and I ordered A NON-ALCOHOLIC beer. No one even knew the difference. It was a St. Pauli Girl N.A. Drank the one "beer" and switched to Diet Coke. Stayed the entire evening, had a blast and am even happier to be home with all of my friends here on S.R. You truly have had an impact on me! I will wake up tomorrow feeling refreshed and energized and no headache to slow me down. Best of all, I know I can do this. On to Day Five........ THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

KC
Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AWSOME job KC1 those first days are a real struggle, with every passing day itll get easier and im impressed that you drank a NA beer i could never do that the urge for a real one would be insane!

nicely done!!
Old 08-20-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Nice.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job, keep it up by not picking up, the days build up, one day at a time
Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great positive post to end my day..0330am

thankyou and ........congratulations on your freedom
Old 08-20-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Old 08-20-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Excellent Job! When you wake up tomorrow just think how great you will feel compared to some of the others that were there!

Old 08-21-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
KC1

Good Morning! I woke up feeling GREAT albeit a little groggy from the sleeping pill (again taken too late, but nothing a cup of coffee won't fix). Don't worry, I won't get addicted to the sleeping pill - I have a 10 day supply. I have terrible insomnia as it is, so stopping the booze, has made it even worse - in the past I was used to just passing out every night. My stomach is so much flatter it is amazing. To heck with the "Flat Belly Diet", just knock off the booze and you can eat whatever you want. :-) We are off to visit family this weekend in upstate New York. Shouldn't be too tough. My brother does not drink at all due to a liver problem (not caused by drinking) and my mother has wine in the house that is so old, it is probably vinegar at this point. So on to Day Five it is. Will take my laptop and try to check in every now and then. Thanks again for all of the support.

KC
Old 08-21-2009, 09:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well done, KC1. Have a great weekend!
Old 08-21-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
KC1

Due to the thunderstorms in the Northeast and the rough weather that will be coming courtesy of Hurricane Bill, we postponed our travel plans. Am doing okay at the moment - drinking a Pellegrino/lime/cranberry but the "LIES" are creeping up slowly. It is the time of my normal Friday Happy Hour, so I was expecting it. I just keep thinking of how nice it will feel to wake up tomorrow without a hangover and so far it's working. I will be back visiting here later, for sure. Hope everyone has a nice evening.

KC
Old 08-21-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well done KC keep up the good work your doing well.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep it up KC1!

I bet your home is even more sparkling clean now with all these additional sober days!
Old 08-22-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
KC1

Ha ha! Yes, my house is very clean. I even put a sign on the door from the garage into the house for my husband to "remove your shoes before entering." My rugs have never been so clean!!!! I even cleaned the closets out this morning. Have a good day everyone! Day Six for me......almost a week. Yeah!
Old 08-22-2009, 01:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am starting (quitting) today, so I will be 6 days behind you. Your posts are funny and remind me of what I might be doing in the next week! So I'll be following your posts - it sounds like you are being constructive in handling the change in your days and nights. So thanks for posting!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
KC1

Good Luck to you! I will surely keep posting. It helps me a lot and I'm sure it will help you too. I have tried many many times over the past 4 years to quit. This is the longest I have ever gone without a drink. It really does help to keep reminding yourself of why you want to quit, whatever your reasons may be. (Off to clean my home office now.......)
Old 08-22-2009, 03:37 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

Every small victory is worth acknowledging! My RAH (4 mo. tomorrow) had a moment this summer when we first got to our beach house rental where he really wanted a beer. A NA got him through it that time. But for the first month or so, he had a few cranberry/sparkling water drinks each night. He didn't want all the sugar and calories of juice or soda, and the bubbliness made it seem like a special treat. I think that got him through the stage of feeling weird without a drink in hand.