Notices

Checking In - 5 Yrs Today - Thank You SR

Old 08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

Hi Kellye C, . Nice to see you. congrats on 5 years. double congrats on the wedding anna. i remember you here and you married someone you met in your home group, his mother was your sponsor. . Having a marriage in recovery is great, I have one too, although we were married in the drinking too. The recovery end of it much better lol.....its almost evenly half and half now. 10 years married drinking and I am 11 years sober now he is 13 almost. Hope you can get on some more kellye
Old 08-09-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Love my puppies

Congrats Kellye, 5 years is a great accomplishment! Make sure to treat yourself...it's a great day!! 7
Old 08-09-2009, 10:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nelco View Post
Hi Kellye C, . Nice to see you. congrats on 5 years. double congrats on the wedding anna. i remember you here and you married someone you met in your home group, his mother was your sponsor. . Having a marriage in recovery is great, I have one too, although we were married in the drinking too. The recovery end of it much better lol.....its almost evenly half and half now. 10 years married drinking and I am 11 years sober now he is 13 almost. Hope you can get on some more kellye
Wow! I can't believe you remember all that!!! Yes, you are right, marriage in recovery is great and I tell ya, when I landed in my home group puking and shaking I wasn't sure what my future held, if it held anything at all.

It was my husband's mother who took me under her wing and I will always say that for the newcomers the oldtimers should never forget to tell them to keep coming back!!

Steve and I were married on September 7, the day between our birthdays. As we neared our first year anniversary last year my mother in law's health took a nosedive and she passed away just a few days before our birthdays and anniversaries. As hard and painful as it was, drinking was and is not an option.

I'm glad to hear things are going well for you too. My group has some couples with double digit sobriety who were married when drinking and then sobered up together (even if it wasn't at the exact same time). Your story is one that should bring lots of hope to the newcomers and you just brought some to me.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes!

Big hugs,
Kellye
Old 08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
On the path to self discovery

Congrats on 5 years 7
Old 08-09-2009, 10:41 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congrats Kellye!

Thankyou for sharing too.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

sorry to hear about your mother in law kelly, I know she was good to you. I hope to see you around more xx
Old 08-10-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I remember you too. My sober date is 05/31/2009. I don't post too often but do a lot of reading. Congrats to you!!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sorry, 05/31/2004!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 06:07 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Kellye!

I was just thinking of you the other day. Great to hear from you and congrats on 5 years! Hope your son is doing OK.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
Kellye!

I was just thinking of you the other day. Great to hear from you and congrats on 5 years! Hope your son is doing OK.
Thank you! The son? Well, he is fine in that he isn't messing with anything he shouldn't be (and having moved out I haven't gone to inspect HIS closet at his girlfriend's house but I do know she wouldn't put up with it for a second!) Biggest drama for him right now is that she is treating him like a kid. Well....... stop acting like one and she MIGHT just stop treating you like one LOL!

Kids.......................

Great to hear from you again too!
Kellye