Notices

The wrong answer

Old 08-31-2003, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The wrong answer

Well, the last week in a half after my dad had his car accident and things have been so crazy.He finally got home from the hospital and still has a long way to go as he can't drive until they find out why he blacked out which caused his accident.I guess i gave myself permission and it seemed okay to let myself drink because evrything felt so bad, the first day i sat in the emergency room and just thought how bad i needed a drink.He was hurt and thats what i thought.Then as days went on i just kept thinking that i i had one good drunk all these feelings would go away but i've had a few and its not happening.I quit taking my antidepressants about a week ago because this was my chance to ignore what i needed and put my attention elsewhere.This weekend i was at my parents and i actually found myself looking through my dads painkillers, i have never really got into pills much but i just say them sitting there and found some Oxycetin but i didn't take any.Sometimes it scares me why my first thought is to do that.Anyways i bought another 12 of beer tonite, i know it won't help and i don't know why i did.I will see my counsellor on wed and i pray that i can get through this and back on track.
Tracey
Old 08-31-2003, 05:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I too hope you will get back on track.Bitter experience taught me that there are no problems that can't be made worse by applying a bit of alcohol.And please...steer far away from the Oxy,ESPECIALLY if you are drinking.That could be a very lethal combination!!

Pick yourself up,dust yourself off and get back to doing what works.Keep posting..you have friends here who care.

Hugs

phoenix
Old 08-31-2003, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey, Tracey, great to hear from you! I've been thinking about you. I'm glad things are going better for your Dad now. It's been a tough time for you and you had a setback, but that's all. Of course, you can get through this and get back on track. You had been doing well and you know you can do it again.

I hear people on the board talk about taking care of yourself first. And, it sounds selfish, but I think it's the answer. You know you need the antidepressants and that's part of taking care of you. I know taking care of everyone else was my path to addiction and doing what's right for me is the path to recovery.

You know we're all here for you and we'll support you if you let us. I had many slips when I was trying to stop drinking, too. Don't let it stop you. You're on the right path.

Hugs and love,
Anna
Old 08-31-2003, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies.I know that i have made excuses that will make me feel it is okay to drink and i'm praying this week since things are calming down i will get back up and carry on.I called a lady from my meetings last week but i waited until i knew she was at a meeting because i just couldn't stand hearing that drinking won't make it better i know it is true but i just couldn't hear it.The thing with the oxy's kind of freaked me because i was so close i just wanted something to make this go away.Anyways i appreciate the support and will work through this, and find my way to ameeting this week.
tracey
Old 08-31-2003, 07:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Exclamation Hi tracey

Danger! Read the lable on your anti depressents before you drink.

Meetings and sharing in person always help me stay in focus...
Old 09-01-2003, 05:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,what a day today has been.Sometimes i feel like i'm really being tested, i got through yesterday hoping today would bring some calmness.I've been clean from pot for about three weeks since i was last with my dealer and tonite he called me wanting to get together.He moved out of his girlfriends house and we used to be together before, but i know he is looking to get back together.I have been able to quit the pot alot easier then the drinking but i know this will bring more trouble, i just told him i was tired and we would hook upanother day.I so need to find my why because everything seems to be closing in.
Tracey
Old 09-01-2003, 06:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Busy, Good to hear from you. You did pass a test tonight and you should feel good about that. It's not easy giving up marijuana and alcohol.

If you feel like things are closing in, just try to relax. Listen to some favorite music or have a soothing bath. Try to find something to help relax yourself. Just take small steps and you'll find you can manage it.

Love, Anna
Old 09-01-2003, 09:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi Tracy!

Hang in there, start over, get back to a meeting and talk to someone after. We too are here for you, wishing you a better week.