Notices

Bruises

Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bruises

Curious thing; since I've quit drinking, all my mysterious bruises have long since vanished. So glad I don't have to wake up and play that guessing game anymore. I remember going around the house the mornings after and trying to match my bruises to various things (bookshelf, counters, coffee table, etc.).

Just thought I'd share that little sentiment.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You know....I haven't thought about that for a long time! You're right!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and let's not forget about wondering the next morning what emotional bruises we inflicted on others...
those take the longest to heal.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by littlebluedog View Post
Curious thing; since I've quit drinking, all my mysterious bruises have long since vanished. So glad I don't have to wake up and play that guessing game anymore. I remember going around the house the mornings after and trying to match my bruises to various things (bookshelf, counters, coffee table, etc.).

Just thought I'd share that little sentiment.
Yeah, I hear ya. Trying to figure out what happened is no fun. I remember waking up one morning with this huge gouge in my arm, forehead scraped and the feeling of dirt and sand in my mouth. I have no idea what happened and I'll never know. That was a super hard time in my life and it's behind me now.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I've got a good reminder of how careless I was when I drank, a scar that runs diagonally across my thumb. I sawed it off doing a drunken home improvement project

I really appreciate what Angel shared, I left so many people with emotional bruises. Thank God I don't have to live in the past.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I remember trawling the internet, trying to find out what terminal illness could be causing all the mysterious bruises on my body that were coming from "nowhere". lol!

It never occurred to me I was colliding into things!
Old 07-09-2009, 03:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JJB

Yep I know what you mean about going round the house trying to match them with objects in the house the next day!
And some of thoses bruises were real whoppers!
I concluded I just bruised easily-lost butterfly you really made me laugh
:rotfxko
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, you just jogged my memory. I totally forgot that when I was drinking, mysterious bruises would show up on my body all the time. I never made the connection that I was running into things during my drunken episodes. And now that I've been sober for a while - no more bruises! Thanks for reminding me of this.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

You know what is amazing? I have not burned myself ONCE while cooking since I have been sober! I used to burn, bruise and scrape myself up pretty regularly.

The worst though? I broke my elbow and I still do not have any idea how or how I drove home. From what the doctor told me, it is pretty difficult to break an elbow, takes quite a bit of force. That is why I told him I fell off a ladder. Yikes.

I am SO grateful to be sober!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's the Crude Oil On my Jeans that used to BAFFLE me, I mean how the hell did I manage to get Oil all on my jeans, What was I climbing under cars or something? mental,haha.

Cut's and bruises I have had more than I care to remember 99.9% I never knew how I got them, it's only now I start to think about that stuff, before it was just part of the Craic.