Notices

day 2 feeling quite yucky

Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 2 feeling quite yucky

I just read the what to expect section and seems I'm right ontrack. Headache, chills, sweats. I feel way worse than with a hangover, of course, I was used to them. I'm 5'7" weigh 125 and was putting away fifteen beers a night. My kids are in school and my husbands at work. I'm a little scared. I took Vit B and am eating an egg and wheat toast.

I'm going to get a bath, do some laundry then take it easy.

I'm 39 and have been at this since my teens. I'm so depressed and sad all the time. Just feel whooped and beaten down. I'll probably feel better after a few days, right.

I know the detox signs to watch out for.

Thanks so much for being here.

Lori
Old 02-03-2009, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gold Member

((((((((((((Lori)))))))))) just wanted to wish you the best of luck,but have a doctor's number handy just incase. Glad you are here!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank ((you))

I may be midwifing kittens shortly. every time i go to get her fixed, she's pregnant, not her fault I know but then the kids get attached and I'm trying to downsize on my animals!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there, lori! Be sure to drink lots and lots of water. It really helps. And keep posting when you can to let us know how you're doing.

Love,

Lenina
Old 02-03-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will

Thank ((YOU))
Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The "what to expect/what we did" sticky is full of good info.

I vote for gatorade over water. Gatorade has lots of stuff in it that we deplete our body of during a drinking binge. But anything is better than another drink.

Welcome and congrats on choosing sobriety.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are here with us again...
Hope all goes well with you during this difficult time.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am feeling better. Went thru a wavery stage but read so excerpts of Allen Carr's easy way to quit.

He makes sense when he says why would I want to poison myself. That's what it boils down, too.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
problem with authority

Congrats on deciding to quit. Took me about five years to act on that decision and to seek help with it.

Although I knew A.A. was not for me and that it wouldn't work, I used the meetings every day (nights, especially) to get me out of that isolating place where I was just sitting by myself, contemplating how horrible I felt. When I went to meetings, I was around people who had overcome the drink problem, which gave me hope.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You'll likely feel a little better tomorrow. I'm on day 5 and feel much better - have been getting a little sleep and am eating. I drank a LOT of water the first couple of days. If you can lean on your husband, do it. I told mine that I am going to look after ME for a couple of weeks till I can cope a little better. It's so hard to function those first few days but yesterday and today I have been able to accomplish a few things. So hang in there and just REFUSE to think about drinking. These forums are am amazing help.

sorry I just realized I posted 2 days after you did lori. So you & I are pretty much in the same place. I hope you are feeling improvement each day

Last edited by yellow duck; 02-05-2009 at 07:44 PM. Reason: my post was a couple of days late
Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You may go through a few really rough days now, including insomnia. But you will feel ssoooooo much better in a few weeks. And even better in a few months. Stick around and hope you pull through!
Old 02-09-2009, 01:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Trying to Enjoy Life Now

Hey Lori - my 2 best friends were green tea and water. An egg and whole wheat sounds like a good meal even though I'm sure you're not too hungry. If you have any lemons try squeezing them into the tea & water.

Good for vitamin C, you're immune system is probably a little weakened right now. As the rest said, hang in there, it gets better.