Notices

Help and

Old 01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help and

Hello

Im new here and would like to know how i can get to a chat meeting ? can someone help me ?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I see i need to post 2 more posts so here is one more.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would like to know if any of you are available for online sponsorship ?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

I saw you were lost on an old thread and started one for you
so members will see you and reply.

Tonights Chat meeting has already started.
I hope you figured out how to attend.

I see you found other places to share on.
Good for you!

Please keep posting...glad you found us..

Last edited by CarolD; 01-28-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Glad you are here. This place is great. Read and post alot - you will have alot of support.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello all

I thought i posted this message but i dont see it so here i am typing it again. I have been sober several years. got sober in Florida in 1981. I moved back and recently started to go to a french meeting because i sponsor a woman who is dully addicted. I went back to the meeting and i just got back and i have a resentment about this meeting. What i heard at that meeting i jsut cant believe it is an AA meeting. First of all there was a person greeting the newcomer and he introduce himself as an addict only.
??? Then the sharing starts on the topic of the daily reflection of the day. The i hear newcomers saying things like ... I accept myself as i am today...my slips are not as bad and i dont beat myself up after i slip... then i hear... I had a slip last week but i got up at 4 this morning so i am probably the person who has the most sobriety... we only have one day.... bla bla bla

And im thinking... then if you only want one day then ill get up at 8 and go drink and drug tonight and come back at the meeting tomorrow and come tell us you re the most sober person in the meeting.... I wonder if i belong in this meeting. The meeting is mostly 50 % newcomers and 45 % slippers mostly drug addicts and 3% alcoholics.
I feel I have a responsability to give back but also i need to relate and in this meeting It s hard for me to relate.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What the f..... an I getting too old for this program ? should i tell my sponsee that she should go to another meeting ? she lived accross the steet from the meeting and dont have a car to get to others. When i got sober in Florida I went through the steps in the first 4 months and it was the best thing that ever happened to me....

my sponsee says that meeting is helping her... who s got the problem here...
Old 01-29-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

doesn't sound like any AA meeting I know. Kind of a "stew" of problems there..

You have been sober since 1981 - I think you know what to do about resentments, right?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Colette and I have shared PM's regarding this but I wanted to reply on here as well because I'm sure someone, somewhere, at this very minute may be having a similar problem with not feeling comfortable at a certain meeting.

Rather than retype all of it,(the keys are sticking on my keyboard thanks to my negligence in leaving a can of pop on my desk when my cat was running around like some wild beast!) here's part of my reply to her courtesy of copy and pasting.

I've noticed that there seems to be a big thing about an addict "only" stating that they are an alcoholic at an AA Meeting. I have been to NA Meetings where if someone introduced themselves as only an alcoholic, they were told that the meeting was closed, only for addicts. But that doesn't seem to apply at AA Meetings to those who only introduce themselves as an Addict. . . .

. . . I know what you mean about when people relapse. Granted, we don't need to take that person out back and stone them in public, but this "oh well" attitude makes me wonder just how serious some people take their Sobriety, therefore their life!

When I relapsed, I went up and got another 24 hour token and started my time over so to speak. I hear people say,"Well, I've been in the Program for 6 years, but I've relapsed several times in that 6 years." Well, my opinion then is that they have no right to stand up on whatever date they are using and get a 6 year token! . . .

And what about people sponsoring someone when they have less than a year and haven't even worked all of the Steps yet?

If my words sound harsh to some, I apologize, they are not meant to sound that way. I first began going to AA in 1980 and it seems to me that some metings have really changed their thoughts on things.

Granted, change is good is some areas, but I can't help but wonder about all of them. Does it take away from what made AA a success in the first place?

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of replies on this one. I welcome others opinions but let's please remember, these are my opinions and as they say, "Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one."

Judy