Notices

Appointment tomorrow

Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Appointment tomorrow

I'm going to be up all night. I just know it. I have an appointment for tomorrow at 11:00. Sad thing is I'm dealing with the worry by drinking, I want to get help and go to this appointment. I'm just really scared right now. I don't know what to expect. Is there anyone I can talk to call. I feel really hopeless. I don't want to get into detail. I'm afraid I might say something that I shouldn't and I don't want to hurt anyone.

Thanks
Old 10-03-2008, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First of all, what kind of appointment is it? and if it's with a trained professional they won't rat you out. Second STAY THE TRUTH my friend it will help there's nothing anyone can do to take your soul.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

You can come into chat room and speak to any of us--together or one-on -one....I'm not sure what the appointment is you are nervous about..but I do know alot about drinking. If I maybe knew just a bit more--maybe I could give you a number where you could speak to someone about it.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sorry to know you are upset...
I certainly hope you did join ANGELINA243 in Chat.
Old 10-04-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

Unless you confess to a serious crime or tell them you are plotting suicide there is nothing that any medical professional can take outside of their office.

Relax, best you can. Be honest with them. If you're going for help you should give them the facts they need to help you get better with whatever it is.

Let us know how it went, not in details, but just that it went well or not.

Take care.
Old 10-04-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I went to find out if this treatment center could help me and if it was covered on my insurance. I got down there, was an hour late because I couldn't find the place and they still saw me. I found out that my insurance is still through my ex husband and he informed me later today that he will cancel it on Monday. I had to call him from the place to get his social security number. They wanted me to check in Monday if I did decide to do this, get help. Now everything I did today will change. I'm frustrated. I did want to say though. This message board has helped me. It has helped to read through the posts, I haven't felt so alone. Just wanted to say a small thanks. And to be honest this is the first thing I've done for myself in a long time. Even though it isn't much of anything if was still hard to do. I just want to get a job and to live again. Right now, I don't know how to. And I'm worried about how I can pay for this.
Old 10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

There are people around the world thinking of you, people who have had similar experiences of anxiety, abandonment, drink dpendence. These people - from at least Canada, the States and the UK, by the posts above - are wishing you well.
May things go well. May courage be found when you need it.