Notices

Today was a danger time for me, and it passed

Old 08-27-2008, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today was a danger time for me, and it passed

So today was Wednesday, usually a bad day for me, as my hubby takes the kids to touch football around 4pm and then he goes to his football at 6pm. I would usually have opened a bottle of wine at 4.30 and sat down to watch The Bold and the Beautiful, yes I am addicted to that as well, and this is usually my half hour sit down before dinner, bath and bed for the kids.

And I would continue drinking till nearly midnight, but today, I sat down and had a glass of coke zero, had a great night with the kids and now am off to bed soon, and its relatively early. I had a great gym workout today and even though it's only been 3 days, I can honestly say I am seeing things more clearly and feel very positive.

I have been kidding my self that I could drink and still do my workouts and gain results, hopefully now I will see things happening. I am not overweight but want to be fit and healthy and the alcohol definately did not help.

I can also say that these last few days I have been more in control of my emotions and crankiness!! and when the kids are fighting or whatever, I have dealt with this more calmly than I have done recently. Its only been a few days but I can really notice the difference. But I have had headaches every day, as I usually drink after two days abstinence, so I wouldn't have thought I would be having w symptoms yet.

Anyway, I needed to write this down, for me anyway. So glad I found this site, off to bed as I am going to the gym at 6am tommorrow. Peace to you.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations! May you have many more of these days to come, one day at a time.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hang in there! I'm at a month, and I still get headaches every other day or so.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Congratulations Sunshine! 8

I'm on day 9 and my headaches are gone now. The headache lingered for 5 or 6 days. You will feel better and better each day. This was the only W sign I had. I did realize that my routine had to change a little, tweaked, if you will. Exercising is a very positive move, good for you!

Don't worry about the addiction to soaps for any constructive escape is a good thing.

Writing things down is very powerful. You get to see your thoughts in your own words. It's a way of self talk. I try to keep my writing on the positive side. I'm very careful about writing the negative because I'll be effected by it when I read it back (checking for spelling errors). Keep coming back! Keep writing! Keep moving, speed doesn't matter, direction does! Prayers
Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good job!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

keep up the good work :ghug3
Old 08-27-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Moving forward is soooo rewarding...
Well done on your sober time!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So good to hear your news. Keep it up. You know you can do it - and I know the type of evening you're describing! Also 'glad' to hear that other people get headches, I've had a stinker of one for the last 11 days and was geting worried.

Is this a common symptom?

sas
Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Unfortunately yes Sadmummy,
I had a headache for 5 or 6 days. I took asprin and tried to relax.

Everyone's different because we're coming off different amounts and durations. Be thankful it's only a headache as I was.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone, I appreciate your comments. I am so excited about this change in my life. Peace to you.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can also say that these last few days I have been more in control of my emotions and crankiness!!
Okay...you're way ahead of me.

Seriously, so glad to hear of your victory. Feel the sun shine baby!