Notices

Questions on recovery

Old 07-16-2003, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Questions on recovery

Hi, I am here with some questions. I am newly sober and have 46 days should I make it through today. I am feeling very strong in this. I did just find out that I am pregnanat and by the grace of god I have not been impaired since the conception of the baby. So here is my thinking though..... I feel very confident that I will stay sober if nothing else only because of the pregnancy. I have never drank or used any kind of pills through any of my prior 3 pregnancies. My concern is that I know alchohol is but a symptom of my true problem. I am concerned that because I cannot drink, my recovery is somehow lessened. Like I am not earning the days really..... Does this make sense? I also dont want to end up not progressing mentally because the time will come that I have to live a sober life and not be pregnant.

This is rambling a bit, hopefully someone understands my point here. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LG
Old 07-16-2003, 09:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi LG,
You wrote:
"I am concerned that because I cannot drink, my recovery is somehow lessened. Like I am not earning the days really..... Does this make sense?"

To answer your question in a word....no! Try to separate your alcoholism from life on life's terms. Your getting pregnant had absolutely nothing to do with your drinking so why shouldn't it have anything to do with your sobriety? Time sober is time sober, whether pregnant or not.
Congratulations. Hopefully your new gift from God will never have to see his Mother drunk.
Old 07-16-2003, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, LG...

...What Music said! I like that he said to think of it as "Time sober is Time Sober." Just think of it as this next 9 months is giving you a little better chance of getting your brain back in order. Just keep working the steps, and proceed in your "quest" for sobriety...keeping with the program is more important now than ever, don't you think?

Love to you...

Kai
Old 07-16-2003, 10:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Chy

Congratulations!

Hey LG,

I think it's great you are at 461/2 days! You had some struggles a while back and you are achieving sobriety one day at a time.

Ditto on what Kai and Music said!

I too only maintained sobriety during my two pregnancies and always vowed after the babies I'd stay sober, NOT! It took awhile, my babies are now 21 and 12 and I am finally sober. Don't question your sobriety, maybe this pregnancy is your HP's way of giving you two blessings at once! Be thankful each day for your sobriety you earn each 24 hours deserving it!

Congratulations on your days and the new bundle of joy! TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

*hugs*