Notices

A hard site to use!

Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A hard site to use!

Maybe it's just me because I am new, but this seems to be a difficult site to navigate through!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Why are you having a hard time Flower? Can we help? I have not had a rough time but maybe I haven't tried to do much, lol.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I guess it's because there are so many threads out there and I am not used to that. So many different categories!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

To make myself more clear, I am only interested in alcohol recovery. Am I in the right place?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes you are. There is a lot to this recovery site but you can stick to the Alcoholism threads and the 12 step Alcoholism threads if you are interested in the 12 steps.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flower44 View Post
Maybe it's just me because I am new, but this seems to be a difficult site to navigate through!
There are helpful hints about posting at the top- "Forum Rules and Troubleshooting". You can ask specific questions there also.

WELCOME!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nope. And I'm not being "condescending" here. You are not "dumb," just inexperienced.

What do you wish to do that you cannot? My first couple of days here were uncomfortable and I'm pretty computer savvy.

I have found that there aren't many things here that I cannot do rather quickly and easily. In fact, I have many choices as to how to do them.

Without a description of your frustration however, it is difficult to point you in the right directions. But I do guarantee that folks will assist in getting you to "power user" status in a short time. It can be intimidating at first, but you will shortly be doing "jumps" and "wheelies" with a little gentle help. There are no dumb questions.

warren
Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Hi Flower. Welcome to SR.

To answer your question, yes you are in the right place for alcohol recovery.

I agree because SR offers so much in the form of recovery it can appear to be quite overwhelming at first but please take your time and you will hopefully find what many of us have found here which for me has been a wonderful tool for my recovery. I would recommend checking out our newcomers forum, our alcoholism forum (which you are in right now), and if you utilize AA as a recovery program then our 12 step alcoholism forum. Those are great places to start.

I would also suggest telling us a little about yourself such as are you new to sobriety, what brought you to SR, etc... This gives our members a chance to get to know you a little.

Personally, when I started here at SR, I mainly stuck to the forums for alcoholism and read the threads that caught my attention. Then as I got used to that I explored some of our other forums such as women in recovery, spirituality, etc....

Hang in there it does get easier. Once again welcome.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

what I want to do is share my triumphs and downfalls with alcohol with others that are going through the same thing. Can anyone post the 12 steps for me? I am new to recovery. I have been sober for only 7 days.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days sober that is great!

A good place to start for you then, especially if you are interested in the 12 steps is to go to our 12 step alcoholism forum (it is right below this one). At the top of that is a "Step Study" section. That is where the steps are listed and there is some good discussion, speaker tape links on each of the steps, and some comments you might find useful.

Please feel free to pm me if I can help you further.

Judith
Old 07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Here are the 12 step threads...check them out (click on the link below)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/step-study/
Old 07-01-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for posting the 12 steps for me. I need to buy the AA big book.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Many AA meetings will give a newcomer a Big Book. But if you go to one that does not they usually cost around $5.00. You could also check at your local thrift shop, such as Goodwill, many times you can find them there for a dollar or so. I pick them up there to hand out to people who can not afford one that come into my home group meeting.

Have you been to an AA meeting yet. If not or if you are having trouble finding one in your area, you could always look up alcoholics anonymous in the phone book and call the number for your area. They will be able to get you hooked up with meetings near you.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Flower. Welcome. I have only been on this sight for a couple months and I too find it a little overwhelming at times.
Yes. You are in the right place.
I'm new to recovery too. Actually, I have only had about 10 days in a row straight and I keep hitting trouble.....and have to start my count all over. Day 1, here we go!! AGAIN! Congrats on your week one. Good Job! This sight is a source of great support. You will be glad you found it.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Welcome to SR and congrats on your seven days!!!

Thanks so much for posting the 12 steps for me. I need to buy the AA big book.
Until you can buy a big book and for future reference the big book of AA is available on line:

AA Big Book

If you bookmark it you will always have it available when on your puter.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-01-2008, 05:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Welcome to SR, Flower! This is a wonderful place full of supportive and generous people. So far as the site being difficult to use, I generally stay on the "New Posts" page. You get a little of everything there and you can chime in anytime you've a mind to.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

...Congradulations on your sober week!

Welcome to our Alcoholism Forum.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Hi Flower and welcome!
This is my favorite forum on this site. I have searched and searched thru many other sites and have found sober recover the best. I have also received clear, honest, helpful and quick answers here. Everyone is sooo supportive!
Like they say in AA "keep coming back"
Old 07-02-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome. Congratulations. Share away
Old 07-02-2008, 06:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Flower,

Hello and welcome! I think of Bambi when I hear your name!! Hey you are definitely in the right place! You'll get used to the site don't worry about that. I highly recommend finding an AA meeting and checking it out, it made the world of difference in my life!

"The only step we have to get perfect is the first one."

John