Notices

Day 22 Update

Old 05-10-2008, 02:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Day 22 Update

I figured I would do a quick update and let you all know how I'm doing!

I'm on day 22 doing pretty good. I do have some PAWS symptoms - my body has been giving me some odd detox-like symptoms over the past few days, like a constant bad taste in my mouth, occasional liver pain and exhaustion. But no major symptoms and I'm getting through it! I'm going to at least 2 AA meetings per day. Got lots of phone numbers that I use from time to time (although not as often as I should). I only seem to get mild panic or anxiety attacks when I eat a large meal.

I have to say that every since completing Step 2, I have had little to no urge to drink. I'm about to do step 3 with my sponsor some time next week, and I'm looking forward to it.

I've even been able to talk to & help some people with even less sobriety than me... which is awesome!

I've noticed I "feel" things a lot more now... certain emotions and feelings are bubbling up out of nowhere, sometimes at the weirdest times. For instance, the other day I started bawling as I read Bill W.'s story in the big book. (I was bawling over the thought of all the other alcoholics who never used to have the option of the help we have now in AA).

Anyways, the AA state conference is being held in my city next weekend, and I'm definitely attending it! I may pick up my 30-day chip next Sunday there... an AA buddy and I are thinking about getting our chips there. There will also be marathon BB meetings from midnight to 3am there, and I will be going to those too, since I'm usually up during that time anyway!

Thanks again to the people on this site who have offered support... I'm so beyond grateful that you all kept telling me to go to meetings and ask for help, etc. It's saved my life... I truly believe that. :ghug2
Old 05-10-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice to hear that you are still doing well. Keep it up!!!!
Old 05-10-2008, 06:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

......I am so tickled for you!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ever closer...

Great Work! I am sure you are finding, just like me, that the rewards are so awesome!
Old 05-11-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well Sobergirl!