Notices

Refreshed

Old 02-19-2008, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Refreshed

Whats up Fellows,

Today is the 9th day in a row without a hangover. That may not sound like much for some, but for any true alcoholic, it is a miracle. I know most frequent relapsers say, "I feel different this time around", I really do. I have been sober since I found this site. On days where I don't want to go to a meeting or call someone on the phone list, I start here. Usually after I read some posts on here, I am reminded of how sick I really am. I know this site doesn't replace meetings, sponsore, phone list, BB, or prayer. It is just another tool in the bag.

I sometimes get down and say,"Dude, you have tried some many times, give up!" Right now and today, I know it is possible to never have to drink again and to be happy.

I know that this pink cloud won't last forever and the urge will come when I least expect.

I am really scared about going back, I'm not sure if I would make it back to sobriety.

-That Dude
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

9 days is major Dude, keep at it, keep doing what you are doing and be willing to follow suggestions that make sense from folks with some experience at sobriety.

Honesty and willingness are so key, try and find someone you can trust thier opinion on things that come up. If something someone says does not sound quite right ask some other folks in the program about it.

Keep in mind that just because someone with 40 years of sobriety says something does not mean it is gospel, nor does it mean it is program. Keep in mind also that opinions are rampant, roll with the experience, both good and bad of others.

Usually if someone says I did this and it did not help me odds are it will not help you either. The best type of experience to draw upon though is expereince that has led to a solution and not another problem.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I too find SR a vital supplement to my AA journey.
Plus...it's fun!

Well done on your sober time TD!

Old 02-19-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good work on 9 days, Dude. Like you said, that IS a big deal for a real alcoholic.

Thanks for sharing with us about how you feel. It's encouraging and inspirational. Remember that we are here even when the pink cloud deflates...you'll always find some support here.

I agree with your comments about how useful this site is. SR is another tool in the tool box, and I reach for it myself to help me in my sobriety.

Keep up the good work!
chip
Old 02-20-2008, 01:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep up with the program, listen, maintain a good realtionship with your sponsor, keep going to meetings, and you will be fine.

Tom
Old 02-20-2008, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats great Dude, remember - one day at a time! I find its best not to worry about whether or not I'm going to drink tomorrow. I just have to make sure I'm not going to drink today.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

ride that pink cloud for as long as you can.
like everyone else said, you only have to stay sober today

i'll bet you could do anything for 24 hours
Old 02-20-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good job! I'm feeling great as well, it is nice not waking up with a headache, and thinking about when I'll have that next drink!