Notices

Brain Sensitivity

Old 02-16-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Brain Sensitivity

I'm on day 51.

I generally eat fresh produce (vegetable, fruit etc.), but about once per week I like a bit of junk food as bit of devious treat (like a packet of crisps or a pasty from a bakers shop - nothing seriously bad like a Mc).

Anyway, I have noticed that if I eat anything that is not pure, I feel sort of poisoned, and it takes about 48 hours to recover.

Also, my responses to stress are still way over the top.

Regarding PAWS generally, my motor skill have improved (not typing utter gibberish any more that bears no relation to what I meant to type), and my memory seems to have recovered, but having a brain like a PMT woman with loads of food allergies, is becoming tedious.

I'm not tempted to drink, but it's wearing me down that my brain functions are not 100% predictable.

So, this brain sensitivity -- when does wear off?
Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hi....

Anyway, I have noticed that if I eat anything that is not pure, I feel sort of poisoned, and it takes about 48 hours to recover.
Junk food has never made me react as you mentioned.
I don't know.
Perhaps others will be able to share with you on that.

As you are aware of PAWS...you know there is no
specific time line for healing.

By my 3rd month sober I was back in
mental and physical balance.

I certainly hope this will be true for you too.
Congratulations on your progress!
Old 02-16-2008, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

Same for me, about 3 months. Even though I'm still a loon.

If your going through hell keep goin.
It's not easy, keep it up, some people don't even try
Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
where the light is

Hi ManchurianC,

Good work on the 51 days! I'm on day 62 and know what you mean about the brain sensitivity. Emotions sometimes get more intense than is appropriate for a given situation. It gets exhausting at times (and not just for me ). It's good to know that it shouldn't last much longer.

Regarding diet, I have been trying to eat healthier food but I do notice that if I eat something greasy, high in fat, or loaded with sugar, I generally feel like crap the rest of the day (sluggish, kind of foggy). Just my theory, but my body is getting used to being treated well (no alcohol, better diet, regular meals, exercise) and now has a harder time processing unhealthy foods. Could also be related to my years of drinking or simply hitting 41 years of age (I'm wearing out)! Maybe even blood sugar levels?

Regardless, physically & emotionally, I feel one heck of a lot better than I did 62 days ago!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks for the feedback.

If I am completely objective, I think (PAWS wise) I am doing better than a few weeks ago. However, the pride of quitting has worn off, and now I'm just dwelling on the negatives (I'm in a sort of poor me state).

I need to remember that when I was drinking, sometimes I was too embarrassed to answer the phone in the morning because I was so drunk.

When I get out more and do outside exercise (like biking or just walking) I feel an awful lot better and the PAWS stuff is less prominent. But it's forcing myself to do it -- That is the problem.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
29a
God is my benzo

I find that if I force myself to do something beneficial for long enough, eventually i start enjoying it.