Notices

Hello

Old 02-01-2008, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

I am new to this and not sure how to use this sight but had 93 days sober and relapsed. I am terribly afraid and not sure what to do.
Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

needpeople what were you doing to stay sober for 93 days? Did you stop doing what was helping you stay sober?
Old 02-01-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Originally Posted by needpeople View Post
I am new to this and not sure how to use this sight but had 93 days sober and relapsed. I am terribly afraid and not sure what to do.
Hi and welcome to SR. May I suggest you start a new thread and introduce yourself so others can get to know you? It is too easy for a newcomer to get overlooked when they post in the middle of a thread.

I hope you are able to find something you can use here at SR. Once again welcome.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I did see this new member
and moved the post to it's own thread.
Also PM'd the link.
Thanks nandm

needpeople....Glad you are here with us.
Many of us had false starts on our way to solid recovery.
It took me a long time to stay quit.

It's good to know you are willing to try again.
Use those past sober days as a base
for your new healthy sober life.

I hope you will continue to share with us
We do understand
Welcome!
Old 02-01-2008, 09:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needpeople View Post
Don't let the relapse get you down. Get back on track, thats really the only thing to do at this point. You can do this !
Old 02-01-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Don't let the relapse keep you stuck in it. Pick yourself right back up and start again. Learn from it. If you learn your trigger and what caused you to drink again, you can use this as a learning experience to make you stronger for the next time. Learn from it and continue on the recovery journey.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I just heard someone say in a meeting tonight that alcoholics relapse before they even take the first drink.

I really thought about that, and I think it starts with our broken thinker that ends up bringing us back to being a broken drinker.

I think the moment/second you even think about that drink is the moment you need to get yourself to a meeting and FAST.

The most challenging debates I have ever engaged in were with myself. They were also the most damaging. My higher power has now given me an out to these maddening conversations. I just throw my hands up in the air, do my best to dispel the thoughts and ask god for help. Dysfunctional discussion over.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome needpeople

We don't shoot our wounded here. Those 93 days will always be an important part of your life...I encourage you to build some more sober time. A relapse is a hurtful thing, and it can be discouraging to start over again. I encourage you to keep sharing, and keep trying. As it's been said, many of us have bumpy starts.

Stick with us. It can get better.
chip
Old 02-02-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Hi needpeople, welcome bac k to recovery! Glad u made, i recently relapsed, but back- and for good this time (a day at a time....).
Old 02-02-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

needpeople we hope to see you back.

Please keep in mind that you will always have those 93 days sober, they are not lost, draw upon those 93 days and learn from them, obviously you were doing some things right, keep on doing them.

Take the time and sit down and figure out something extra to do above and beyond what you were doing. You may find that you quit doing something that you were doing that led to the relapse.

Remember you have not lost any sober time, the only thing that changes is the date of your last drink that is it.

I know a lot of folks that have relapsed and came back in, all of them usually had quit doing at least one thing if not more before they relapsed. They had done one or more of the following"

Going to meetings.
Calling other recovering alcoholics.
Quit working thier program.
Quit working the steps or did not work them at all.

I have found that if I spend just half the time I spent drinking on my recovery, doing things like going to meetings, working with other alcoholics, working the steps & doing service work things go very well.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

If you were sober today, you are a sucess!

Take it a day at a time!