Notices

day 8

Old 01-21-2008, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Here to learn and live.

day 8

wow day 8 and not craving anything. Having issues sleeping as I want to be back where I was 2 years ago. I know I cant go back to the past, but my future seems kinda scarry. I am trying to quit thinking, so I can sleep.

I dont know if quitting has anything to do with my sleeping patterns as I really havent slept well scince my separation in August, but is this common?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, in my experience anyway Johnny, not for very long tho. Congrats on your 8 days. You'll find plenty of experience, strength and hope here.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow....it's great that your cravings have gone!
Congratulations on your sober time ....

Yes...it's common
Here is a link with Tips for sleeping

Insomnia? 41 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

Blessings
Old 01-21-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sleep is something that comes back slowly, why ? I have no idea but it does come back, my thought was i never went to sleep i just passed out, so i have no idea how to sleep. Just give it time and try a sleep aid that is non addictive..

John
Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sleeping Is Trouble For Me As Well, And I've Been Sober For Nearly A Month Now. Try A Prayer At Night Time To Clear Away From Tour Mind All Thoughts That May Be Running Through Your Head. Get More Actively Involved In Recovery, Meetings, Sponsor, And The Steps. Fill Your Mind With Positivity.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Johnny,
Try some yoga, meditations, mild exercise, and or reading before bed. I would try some of these before the pills. If these fail, then try the meds, but give the other methods a honest effort.

Padraic
Old 01-21-2008, 10:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get some audiobooks or lectures or something to play off your computer or mp3 player. Listening to some guy ramble about quantum physics puts me to sleep right away and focuses my thoughts away from worries and anxiousness.

and if it doesnt work for you.. well at least you're doing something positive by learning instead of just laying awake stressin' about stuff.

...Make sure it's something you're interested in though. I find that listening to stuff that doesn't captivate my attention so much doesn't have as good of an affect.

BTW, for some reason I prefer to wear IEM earphones rather than listening on speakers when sleeping. I guess maybe because it's like wearing earplugs and blocks out ALL noise other than what you're listening to. Really relaxing.

TRY IT!
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sleep will come, I was very fortunant, I did not suffer from insomnia, I have heard folks say that no one ever died from lack of sleep, but a lot of folks have died from drinking.... something to think about. On nights when I have a hard time going to sleep I always put on something I am really interested in and do not want to miss, for some reason sleep comes when I do not want it to come! LOL
Old 01-24-2008, 12:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Here to learn and live.

day 10, or 11...sorry I havent posted, but got real busy, kinda lost count of my days and just have been focused on reading and stuff...sleep is still not working, but havent even thought about going out and doing anything.
Makes me wonder...does my situation and boredom cause me to go on benders?
I like the clarity of my thought process now and really dont want to mess that up, I feel if I keep busy, I can keep up staying sober.
Sober Im not so sad.

anyway I hope all is well with everyone and God bless

John
Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good to see you are here again...

Did you try any of the Tips from the link?

Yes...keeping busy helps
and my AA committment keeps me in balance.

Please check out your local AA meetings
it's difficult to stay sad when you have
something positive to do.
You too can assist someone find their way.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Johnny one thing I found very helpful was/is to spend as much time focusing on recovery by actions as I did on drinking and planning on drinking. I did/do this via AA, being with others who's primary purpose is to stay sober and help other achieve sobriety has made my journey far easier and happier.