Notices

1 year plus a week

Old 11-28-2007, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
One year is a huge accomplishment Russel! Hope you keep posting here.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Russelrb View Post
Well I have not been hanging around here much lately but I did want to post that I have been sober 1 year and a week. I was out of town on the 1 year date.
Reflecting back it is hard to believe where I was a year ago. It seems like a different life for a different person. I feel stronger in my convictions than ever which is something I never thought would happen. It was difficult to think that there would ever be a day when this struggle would not take over every day of my life. Not to say that I am "cured". I am not stupid enough to even think that, but rather to say that it is wonderful to go through days where I do not think about drinking, not drinking, or the struggle. I just go through days like a normal person.

I still visit here often but rarely post. Whether you have been sober a day or 10 years I tip my hat to you all and to all you who are still struggling I will keep you in my prayers.

Congradulations.... :day4
Old 11-28-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Russel,and congrats too on keeping a level head.Best wishes for the future.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations Russell:

Any advice that you would like to share with us? What worked for you and what didn't work?

Peace.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up One Year + one week sober...

Hi Russell,

You said something like you could never imagine yourself to be where you are today...that is the same thing I thought...until I learned to live one day at a time so I only had to not drink one day at a time.

It is nice not to have to worry about when you can drink or not drink or how to protect your supply...I would hide the bottle and forget that it was hidden. :mock

At that time you couldn't buy alcohol until noon on Sunday...I remember when we couldn't buy alcohol of any kind on Sundays in the State of Washington...when my husband was going to college we would drive over to Idaho to buy beer on Sunday. :atv

A Very Special One Year Birthday to You!!! 2

kelsh