Notices

8 day relapse

Old 11-27-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Glad you have your dog with you. A dog is a friend for life. I have a boxer myself and three birds and two beardes dragons.

Drinking only makes things seem worse. After I quit my problems were easer to deal with. As for normal people "Are There Any"? If you were referring to people that don't drink. I know some pretty messed up people that have never drank. ha ha
Old 11-29-2007, 03:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Username your relapse is one of the reason starting a new relationship during the first year of sobriety is not suggested as beiing a good idea.

In your case it was an existing relationship that went sour in your early sobriety.

I am an alcoholic, I spent 40 years using alcohol as my solution to everything in life.... good and bad! You were 8 days sober and were broadsided with a MAJOR delima in your life, if you are an alcoholic like me you knew the old solution because you still did not have a solid grasp on a new solution so you went with the solution that used to work! Hey no shame there at all, no one in the rooms will be mad at you, why would they be?

One of the reasons AA works for so many people is that it is alcoholics helping other alcoholics, we understand each other, I totally understand why you drank again!

I am one of the very few in AA that has been able to not even have a slip since the first day I commited myself to sobriety, but trust me if at 8 days sober my wife and kids had left me.................... well that early in sobriety I probably would have drank again, alcohol was my solution for 40 years, there probably was no way at 8 days sober I could have handled something like that.

Today.... and just for today I can honestly say I am on solid enough spiritual and sober ground to have handled something like that, but I have found another solution to the problems of life in AA, I no longer find a solution in the bottle for my problems, but this took sober time, lots of meetings, and working the steps with my sponsor.